Brand new to RC's What should I buy ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wheelie

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So about 15 years ago I had a friend that had this gas powered RC car. Neatist thing ever when your like 12 years old...............

Well, for what ever reason I thought it would be fun, kind of a gear head anyways.

So whats a good "starter kit" (Car, remote, etc) ?

I would like a 4x4 buggie for both on and off road. pull start, fast , quiet.

While were at it, how long does one get on a tank of fuel. Had a local hobbie dealer tell me about 5-minutes, is this correct. hoping for about 30 minutes.

What do I look at ?

Thanks

http://www.towerhobbies.com/products/traxxas/trac83.html Try this one for a 4wd buggy you can prob get 10 to 15 min on a tank of fuel depending on how its tuned in and how hard you run it...

sorry this one is 2wd drive but may be what your looking for as far as speed wise ...parts are easy to get swap out the tires put a nice on off road tread on you should have no problems

I definitely wouldn't start with a Jato! Crazy fast, outta control and weak. Look at some ofna buggies. About $300 will get ya goin'.

A 4wd truck would not be a bad choice either what type of off roading you plan doing.... what type of terrain are you gonna be running on... right amount of ground clearance is needed for off roading also

Just light dirt roads, driveways, ditches

I watched a few videos on u tube on the jato 3.3 those guys were running them hard and no problems so if you want speed that would be my pick insane fast though for a first one may be tough to handle though.... I have a couple of t-maxx and i love them great running 4wd truck for me....So it all depends on what you like post a thread of what your thinking about getting and the people here are awsome and give you the best advice you can get i would go to my lhs but the guys know more then the people at my lhs love this site

I am personally partial to the revo platform (e-revo, revo 3.3, ect) for the simple fact that most all hobby shops carry parts for them, hop ups are easy to find and install (except integy they suck) and they are 4wd, quick and handle pretty good for a 1/10 monster truck (others say that they turn like a "dump truck", you know who you are lol) but they are a good rig, i love mine and i have 2 up and running and 1 in the process of being built one nitro and one 1/16 electric and i love them both, they are tough and quick what more do you need

Back