Brand new T Maxx 3.3 Transmission issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cris

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody has had issues with a T Maxx 3.3 transmission straight out the box. I was literally on the 3rd tank of fuel startup when the truck would rev but wouldn’t go anywhere. I have owned 3 previously and never had a issue like this. Does anybody know it possibly could be? And should I contact Traxxas being that it’s so new. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys

Best thing to do is contact traxxas let them know what's going on and that it's a new rig they should definitely be able to help you out.

Other than that it's a real bummer to have something so new break that fast

check the slipper clutch. i had a couple outta the box that were loose

Best thing to do is contact traxxas let them know what's going on and that it's a new rig they should definitely be able to help you out.

Other than that it's a real bummer to have something so new break that fast
Their support is a joke, just a heads up.

You might want to check a few things like make sure the motor didn’t wiggle loose and strip out the spur gear, one of the most common Tmax problems. Which model is it? Does it have reverse? If so sometimes they can get stuck in a neutral position between forward and reverse. If your gears are fine and the engine didn’t move start the truck and revved the engine and check and see if the gears try to spin at all, if they don’t, you may have broken a clutch issue or the spring went bad which is an expensive or hard to fix. If you can find out what’s wrong Traxxas may send you the replacement parts for free if you can tell them what you need or any local hobby shop could take care of that. If your engine is spinning the spur gear quickly like it should but it’s just not moving then yes make sure the slipper clutch didn’t come apart, if that’s all good and it has an internal transmission issue then I would contact Traxxas but other than that it’s going to be easier faster and more worth your time to go replace an eight dollar spur gear or slipper clutch if it’s something so small. I only say this to get you back to driving as you are not even through break in yet. I would still call Traxxas either way and at least ask for replacement parts regardless if you already had to buy them or not LOL this is a huge company the least they can do is warranty their product 100%