Bought a brushless motor with 5mm shaft

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kempstar14

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I’m having a nightmare getting it going with that size. I have a traxxas rustler 2 wheel drive. Please advise me what to buy!!! I’m so fed up of buying pinion gears and them not fitting. Should I buy a spur and pinion if so what size etc and what should I write in to order said parts!!! One stressed out daddy!!! Please help me

What motor size (dia. and length) and what kv? Stock 48p spur or 32p spur? Looking for a speed runner? Running big tires, stock tires or what? General on off road driving? Also what esc (amp rating) and what batteries (lipo 2s 3s etc.) are you going to use?

Well well my Slash 4x4 LCG uses 32dp
I fitted a 5mm Shaft pinion motor and I am Using an Arrma Senton/Typhon BLx pinion 0.8mod

What motor did you buy? Got a link? Is your issue with getting the mesh right or something else?

I've used these on my stampede 4x4 and eJato which both use 32p/mod .8 gears:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0821L5J29

Just need to figure out what tooth count you need. If it's a similar motor to what you head, then just get the same tooth count. If it's smaller/larger size or higher/lower kv, then you would have to figure that out.

Back