Bl-2s System Questions...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZaneC

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
So, I was thinking about getting a Bl-2s system for my Slash, but what I'm wondering is; how much runtime do they have? How energy efficient are they?

For what that system costs, I'd get a cheap Hobbywing combo instead. You might have to gear the 4000kv down just a tad, or you could get the 3250kv one and have room to gear up (probably best)
HOBBYWING Quicrun 10BL120 G2 & 3652SL G2 Combo (QR10BL120 G2 &3652SL 4000KV G2) https://a.co/d/2XGfpf5

Bl2s stays pretty cool compared to the old titan brushed system. I'd recommend what @WickedFog said. Hobbywing 10bl120 G2. I prefer the 3660 motors as they are a bit more torquey. Offers more settings and more motor options than the Traxxas. Traxxas has 0 program ability and has a weird motor plug so you are stuck to using that bl2s 3300kv motor. unless you cut the plug of and use standard bullets.

I use a max10 SCT in mind. Which the 10bl120 G2 is the updated max10 SCT combo anyways. I love it.

PXL_20240323_022447181.jpg

So, how energy efficient are those Hobbywings?

Bl2s stays pretty cool compared to the old titan brushed system. I'd recommend what @WickedFog said. Hobbywing 10bl120 G2. I prefer the 3660 motors as they are a bit more torquey. Offers more settings and more motor options than the Traxxas. Traxxas has 0 program ability and has a weird motor plug so you are stuck to using that bl2s 3300kv motor. unless you cut the plug of and use standard bullets.

I use a max10 SCT in mind. Which the 10bl120 G2 is the updated max10 SCT combo anyways. I love it.

View attachment 186750
I was looking for a cheap 3660 combo, but none showed up on Amazon and it says backorder on Amain. But on Tower, this one says pre-order. This would be a good one once it's available.
https://www.towerhobbies.com/produc...3660sl-g2-3150kv-motor-combo/HWI38030210.html

So, how energy efficient are those Hobbywings?
10-15 minutes? That's going to depend on your trigger finger. What are you hoping to achieve? You can always stick a battery with more mAh in it to get more run time. What are you currently running?

Just ordered the Hobbywing set up from Tower. I've got a couple projects here that need powering up.

Just ordered the Hobbywing set up from Tower. I've got a couple projects here that need powering up.
I have one of their Max10 combos in my cart for our Grave Digger Stampede. Should turn that truck into a wheelie monster.

How fast does it go?
Depends on gearing and battery. In my slash, max10 SCT, 3660 4000kv. 23/86 gearing. 2s lipo. (Also tried 2s lipo high voltage packs)

Got up around I'd say low 40s mph

In my rustler, Max10 G1 60A and 3652 4000kv. 27/76 gearing. 2s lipo. Around mid 40s.

I've got that AE RC10RS truck that I'm building into a sand truck. Should shoot some awesome roost. Rear wheels and paddle tires are on and the suspension is sorted. Waiting on backordered ribbed tires.

10-15 minutes? That's going to depend on your trigger finger. What are you hoping to achieve? You can always stick a battery with more mAh in it to get more run time. What are you currently running?
A 4500mah 2s LiPo.

I think the MAX10 SCT/3200kv combo is worth the cash. Programmable bec 6/7.4v so you can run a "real" servo in the future if you want.

I think the MAX10 SCT/3200kv combo is worth the cash. Programmable bec 6/7.4v so you can run a "real" servo in the future if you want.
Its discontinued though. Mostly can find it on FB marketplace or eBay. The 10BL120 G2 is like the newer revised version of the old "SCT" system.

Or you can go with the Max10 G2 which is higher amp ESCs and a sensored setup.

3200kv on 2s, ehh / bleh
3200kv on 3s, your in for a treat/WaHoo! 🤣

Its discontinued though. Mostly can find it on FB marketplace or eBay. The 10BL120 G2 is like the newer revised version of the old "SCT" system.

Or you can go with the Max10 G2 which is higher amp ESCs and a sensored setup.

3200kv on 2s, ehh / bleh
3200kv on 3s, your in for a treat/WaHoo! 🤣
That’s expensive!

What about the Justock system?

Last edited:
I have a pair of old SMC 7200 90C packs from my uncle. They last a long time. Around 30 to 40 minutes. CHNL has some bigger packs. I think their highest is a 8000mah stick pack. Those are race packs with bullet plugs. Not normal basher like packs

That’s expensive!

What about the Justock system?
Justock system is fine. But can only be ran on 2s, and I wouldn't run it in water and mud because it's vented as it's a race combo.

I was just at my hobby store (Performance RC Hobby), and I asked about the Bl-2s, they didn't have any. BUT, they recommended the little $85 4s brushless system. Hhhhmmmmmmm.....