Binding issue?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
So I keep trying to bind my controller to my truck but it isn't doing it. I hit the bind button on the sec and then I click the bind button on the radio, but nothing happens. Can anyone tell how to bind the truck?

Normally you bind the Rx to the Tx on the Radio

The ESC gets calibrated separately to set the throttle.

Can you confirm you have steering working first?

If so then you simply need to calibrate the ESC.

Every brand is different, so need to know which brand of ESC or you can search YouTube yourself for a demo on how to calibrate your brand of ESC.

I have no steering

What electronics are you trying to bind? Binding a radio has nothing to do with the esc other than it supplies power to the receiver. Insert bind plug into port labeled bind on the receiver. Turn on esc, hold bind button on transmitter and turn transmitter on. Done.

I have no steering
You are not giving us enough information to help.

Need to know brand of radio and brand of ESC.

Step 1) Bind the Rx to the Tx
Step 2) Calibrate the ESC

Here's a couple videos as examples, these may not work for your electronics, but will give you a general idea of what needs to be done:

Normally you bind the Rx to the Tx on the Radio

The ESC gets calibrated separately to set the throttle.

Can you confirm you have steering working first?

If so then you simply need to calibrate the ESC.

Every brand is different, so need to know which brand of ESC or you can search YouTube yourself for a demo on how to calibrate your brand of ESC.
I have no steering now that I checked...

I have a firma esc and and a spectrum radio

Are you using a fully charged battery for the esc? Does the esc power on? Do you have good batteries in your transmitter? Bind plug installed to bind port on receiver? Steering servo plugged in to ch. 1? Esc on ch. 2?

I have a firma esc and and a spectrum radio
Since I still dont know what Spektrum radio system you are using all I can do is give you a video link to a random Spektrum model and hope it works for whatever model you have. I would suggest, if this doesn't work, then you need to find out the exact model of radio and receiver you are using and look for videos or instructions online on how to bind that specific model.

Last edited:
Alright then Idk what the problem is, the truck doesn't steer though, so does this indicate my esc is bad?

Alright then Idk what the problem is, the truck doesn't steer though, so does this indicate my esc is bad?
The ESC has nothing to do with steering unless the BEC went bad and isnt sending power to the receiver. Check the voltage on the positive and negative pins of channel one on your receiver with the rig powered on. Is it reading the proper voltage?

Do you have throttle?

What channel is the steering servo plugged in to?

The ESC has nothing to do with steering unless the BEC went bad and isnt sending power to the receiver. Check the voltage on the positive and negative pins of channel one on your receiver with the rig powered on. Is it reading the proper voltage?

Do you have throttle?

What channel is the steering servo plugged in to?
I have no throttle either, and idk how to tell what channel the steering is plugged into.

It will be labeled. Sometimes it will say CH1 CH2 etc, or it might say STR for steering or THR for Throttle. At this point you need to check the voltage on any of the channels. they will all be the same voltage so it doesn't matter which channel you check. You will want to check the 2 pins that are on the outside edge of the receiver.

SPMSR315_A0_N7MXYSE0.jpg

It will be labeled. Sometimes it will say CH1 CH2 etc, or it might say STR for steering or THR for Throttle. At this point you need to check the voltage on any of the channels. they will all be the same voltage so it doesn't matter which channel you check. You will want to check the 2 pins that are on the outside edge of the receiver.

View attachment 176356
Can you post a link to a good voltage tester I could buy?

Alright I bought a volt meter and when it comes in ill check the voltage.
What does aux power ?

Last edited:

What does aux power ?
Or what does it do so I know what I can plug into it?