Big Cat Hull

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
Every now and then I peruse some of the ads that are helping to sponsor this site, and I have a tough time maintaining my self control.
Tonight I lost it again.
I have a 40" electric twin motor, twin outdrive, cat hull power boat on the way.
Got it at a great sale price, but it's the upgrading that will break me.

Isn't paypal just a little to easy? LOL Got to love the information age... just point, click and your package is on your front door two days later! Nice boat my friend. I have a Prather Deep V with an outboard I bought on a whim and still hasn't seen water yet.... Worked so hard to get the fiberglass bonded and smoothed.... just don't want to loose it I guess.

Tom

Rolex, you are not alone.
It's called "sudden loss of rationale" and happens to many people.
It can extend to all sectors of life, cars, rc's, watches, you name it.

Gotta have it, price is second on the list and ten days later I wonder why I bought it. I collect watches, so it may well happen that I see and buy, and then think. You will have fun with this boat, until you see the next ad and as long as you don't go broke over it, it's perfectly fine.

i second the watches! they are addictive. haha

I just bought a plane a few days ago the same way.. Paypal is the devil.

I have over a dozen watches. NONE of them purchased over the internet. I have to see, and feel the weight of a watch.
Last night's boat buy was with a credit card, and as I was putting in the numbers, I thought about all those trips I took to the LHS just to bs and socialize. Unfortunately, I bought WAY too many planes, nitro and electric cars and trucks, and a heli, just by being there, and getting to see the new stock even before it made it to the shelf.
Two weeks ago was the last time I was there, and I had the self control to stay out of the Revo aisle. I spent too much time checking out the new boats, and now I'm salivating, waiting for UPS.

Hi, my name is Rolex, and I'm an addict. :boating:

Well, at least when you come back you come back in full force!

I like boats... but this nagging feeling with not being able to swim very well keeps me from buying one.

this nagging feeling with not being able to swim very well keeps me from buying one.

That's the ONLY drawback with a nitro boat. stalling. You need at least a rubber raft or someone in a rowboat for your safety net. Some of the nitros now have an RTS (return to shore) system. Putting it in reverse (I think) flips an electric motor onto a gear on the prop shaft, and a battery allows you to drive it back in if you ran out of fuel.

Damn.........what the HELL is taking that UPS guy so long. It's been almost 16 hours.

Rolex, you may like some of these:
obviously... your username with a www. in front and a .com in the back...
Somehow I can not break loose from the submariner, it's just a nice watch, simple and solid like a truck.
www.sinn.de (there is a dealer in the U.S. but I guess negotiation rules)
www.tutima.de (same, see above)
www.iwc.com (gone a bit over the top)

If it's not heavy, I don't like it, I bought a Casio Alti-depth a few years ago and lost it.

A boat is missing in this household too, but once I go and buy one I'll be single again... who cares then... LOL

Here it comes !!!

Just rechecked the tracking, and it's almost here.

KNOXVILLE,
TN, US 06/28/2007 6:36 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
06/28/2007 12:31 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

MEMPHIS,
TN, US 06/27/2007 3:42 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
06/27/2007 8:11 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

LOS ANGELES,
CA, US 06/23/2007 4:25 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
06/23/2007 1:05 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

BALDWIN PARK,
CA, US 06/23/2007 12:38 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN

BALDWIN PARK,
CA, US 06/22/2007 9:34 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
US 06/22/2007 7:48 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS: 06/28/2007 7:23 A.M. EST (USA)

Congrats my friend! Looks like you will have a new boat today.
I hate when I see the day it is going to be delivered.... Becuase usually I am at work and have to wait all day to go home to get it. Especially when I see that it has been delivered! LOL

Tom

Yup... the fun starts soon!
Get your bathingsuit ready Rolex and remember the diving gear!

I can almost hear the twinmotors in the box... :)

It's almost 9 AM now, and unfortunately, today, of all days, I have a Doctor's appointment. I have to leave here at 11 for that, and I won't be back till after 1.
If it hasn't gotten here by the time I have to leave, I'll call a neighbor and see if someone there will be home to accept it.

That's the other problem.... usually packages like that require a signature for delivery. I find that the UPS guys accepts a note attached to the door asking for him to leave it in the garage. He just takes the note as a valid sig. Although depending on where you live.... you may not want that package just sitting there. I can't wait to see pictures! Good luck at your doctors appointment my friend.

Tom

Thanks man. Very important appt, or I'd almost think about cancelling it. Can't with this one.
I'm in an apartment building, and I wouldn't dare have it sitting in the hall.
another hour and a half till I have to leave....damn, the tension.
On the bright side, it's keeping my mind off the hospital trip today.

Thanks man. Very important appt, or I'd almost think about cancelling it. Can't with this one.
I'm in an apartment building, and I wouldn't dare have it sitting in the hall.
another hour and a half till I have to leave....damn, the tension.
On the bright side, it's keeping my mind off the hospital trip today.

Always, nice to have something positive to focus on. You will opening your new boat in no time flat!

Tom

SHE'S HERE !!

UPS showed up an hour after I got back. Good timing.

Pics should be up in an hour or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
That was 5:33

Pics???

Time's up!
6:32!

or was it more like "or so"?

Back