Big Cat Hull

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I tested a boat in the bathtub I sliced my personal driveshaft to ribbons. What a pain in the pontoons that was.

Doesn't matter, you weren't using it anyway.:LoL:

Looks like some serious hardware you are puttin in, got a powerstation to go with it?

Last edited:
Man Rolex that motor is seriously sick....60K?....my friend you may need to gear down and go with a bigger or more aggressive prop. You are knutz......I like that in a person. Sorry to hear about your DRIVESHAFT.....that must have be terrible.....lol

Sorry to hear about your DRIVESHAFT.....that must have be terrible.....lol

LMAO.
I know I need to gear it down, and I also need to go with metal props. The ESC heatsink is here, and I'm waiting on the cooling fans for it and the water jacket for the middle of the motor.
Little by little the parts are coming together.
By the way, fricken Joe WEE, back up a page. Pics of the motor and ESC there.

Yeah I saw them...they are sweet. I need to hook up a project like that some time. Since I am on a island there is way more water than land....I am a little scared to run my nitro boat in salt water....just the idea of ingesting salt water into the engine....makes me shudder.

have you guys ever experianced a stalled boat before?

have you guys ever experianced a stalled boat before?

That's why I'm going electric instead of nitro. Years back, I pushed a few nitro boats back to shore with an electric yacht. It never failed to make it back in.

Here's an update of the ESC with a heat sink and dual cooling fans added.

ESC_fans.jpg

Last edited:
Yes it is. All the wires, except the orange and yellow on the top right, are from the ESC. the wires up there are to power the 2 fans. When I start getting more of the boat together, I'll add some better pics.

This maybe a very stupid question but I'll take my chances. Will there be enough air to circulate through the inside of the boat to keep the ESC cool, or will you have to vent to the outside?

Definately not a stupid question, and something I've put a lot of thought into. The ESC, the motor and the batteries will ALL be producing heat in a closed space. I'm putting in water cooling for the motor, and I have the tubing and the bender to make a radiator of sorts so the fans can move cool air over the heat sink.

I have 3/16 brass and aluminum tubing, but the actual working design is still a toss up. I'm kicking around 3 different ideas right now, and it will come down to space and location when all the important parts are in place.

I assume you are using the forward motion of the boat to force fluid through the tubing rather than a pump. Having never dealt with this sort of thing myself, will it be enough? I am very interested in seeing what you come up with, keep the pics coming.

Back