Best Traxxas 1/10 monster trucks, bashers. Best buggy to race with on carpet.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Best traxxas 1/10 monster trucks? Stampede 4x4 or Hoss.
Best Traxxas 1/10 bashers? Slash 4x4 or rustler 4x4
Best 1/10 buggy to race on carpet? I was looking at this TLR 2wd buggy: 22 5.0 AC RACE KIT: 1/10 2WD BUGGY ASTRO/CARPET
I'm just seeing your guys opinions because I am converting the slash and rustler to a street/track cars. I want one buggy to race and one basher or a monster truck so I can have fun off-road
Also I am staying with 1/10 scale for now because of the space I have and I think 1/10 scale is perfect size for me.

Instead of a Stampede or Hoss, the Arrma Granite 3s is an amazing choice, my cousin has one and he’s super rough on his RCs, he hasn’t broke a part yet after sending it 15 feet into the air multiple times with multiple bad landings. It also has amazing air control and can do backflips effortlessly. In my opinion, the Granite 3s is the best bang for your buck 1/10 MT. For your second decision, the Arrma Vorteks is a great choice, it has the same chassis as the Granite and shares a lot of parts with it, this will make you spend less on parts.

No idea on the buggy, sorry.

Instead of a Stampede or Hoss, the Arrma Granite 3s is an amazing choice, my cousin has one and he’s super rough on his RCs, he hasn’t broke a part yet after sending it 15 feet into the air multiple times with multiple bad landings. It also has amazing air control and can do backflips effortlessly. In my opinion, the Granite 3s is the best bang for your buck 1/10 MT. For your second decision, the Arrma Vorteks is a great choice, it has the same chassis as the Granite and shares a lot of parts with it, this will make you spend less on parts.

Since my first car was a traxxas I am like a traxxas guy. Definitely going to check out arrma. Heard they are good cars also. Arrma is known for their higher up stuff and extreme bashers. Traxxas is a good company for starters. My first car was the slash and still have it. Just have to put money into it to keep it running.

Since my first car was a traxxas I am like a traxxas guy. Definitely going to check out arrma. Heard they are good cars also. Arrma is known for their higher up stuff and extreme bashers. Traxxas is a good company for starters. My first car was the slash and still have it. Just have to put money into it to keep it running.
My Typhon 3s is very low maintenance, the parts don’t need to be upgraded to RPM out of the box unlike my Slash 2wd which can technically be called an RPM Slash instead of Traxxas Slash. My Typhon 3s was my second RC after my Slash 2wd, it’s very beginner friendly and offers more tuning options in the stock ESC. I can launch my Typhon 3s 15 feet into the air no issue and it’s stock. My Slash when it was stock, broke if you looked at it wrong. Nothing against Traxxas (I think I’m an Arrma fanboy, lol), but their stuff isn’t the best for the price in my opinion.

My Typhon 3s is very low maintenance, the parts don’t need to be upgraded to RPM out of the box unlike my Slash 2wd which can technically be called an RPM Slash instead of Traxxas Slash. My Typhon 3s was my second RC after my Slash 2wd, it’s very beginner friendly and offers more tuning options in the stock ESC. I can launch my Typhon 3s 15 feet into the air no issue and it’s stock. My Slash when it was stock, broke if you looked at it wrong. Nothing against Traxxas (I think I’m an Arrma fanboy, lol), but their stuff isn’t the best for the price in my opinion.
Same with my slash. I have RPM arms all around. RPM front bulkhead. Next is rpm shock towers. Same with my rustler. RPM arms all around and RPM front bulkhead.

Same with my slash. I have RPM arms all around. RPM front bulkhead. Next is rpm shock towers. Same with my rustler. RPM arms all around and RPM front bulkhead.
If you get into speed running, get an aluminum front bulkhead to balance the weight between the front and rear.

Best traxxas 1/10 monster trucks? Stampede 4x4 or Hoss.
Out of these two, Id personally pick the 4WD Pede but Id pick a E-Revo or a Maxx over either of those.
Best Traxxas 1/10 bashers? Slash 4x4 or rustler 4x4
Kinda depends on the terrain but theyre both good.
Best 1/10 buggy to race on carpet? I was looking at this TLR 2wd buggy: 22 5.0 AC RACE KIT: 1/10 2WD BUGGY ASTRO/CARPET
The TLR 22 is an extremely popular race kit. Its probably what I would buy if I was in to 1/10 scale carpet racing. Associated's 1/10 scale buggy is another well built choice. The name of it is escaping me atm. Its too early. http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=TLR03017

Associated's 1/10 scale buggy is another well built choice. The name of it is escaping me atm. Its too early. http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdId=TLR03017
Seriously brosky? You have an old one 😜

Any of the newer RC10 lineup would be a good choice as well as the TLR 22 mentioned by my forgetful cohort here. Or a Tekno buggy would be a great choice. Actually, there are a handful of really competitive buggies out there, but these are the three I'd be looking at.

I think if you are dead set on Traxxas for a 4x4, I agree, a Stampede would be my choice. Otherwise, I second pug on the Arrma Granite. It's one of the funnest RC's I have ever driven, particularly because it's like a cross between a Jack Russel and a cat. It's fast as hell, pulls wheelies at speed, changes direction on a dime, and almost always lands on it's feet when it takes a tumble. RARELY have I ever had to walk over to flip it back upright. I could count the times on one hand, out of at least ten bash sessions going flat out. Just make sure to buy some CVD axles for the rear.

If the Maxx is as tough as my xmaxx's then it should be no contest on a basher! But I can not recommend what I don't know. Have heard many good things of the granite but I think the big rock looks cooler

I am looking at getting an arrma because they are good for the money. I watched videos of them running and man they can take a beating compared to my traxxas rustler 4x4 (which I am going to sell) so I can get one to see how they handle and they jump at skatepark BMX tracks in my point of view.

Also they are easy to work on which draws me on pulling the trigger to get one because parts are cheaper than Traxxas. I have 2 slash 2wds, a 4x4 slash, rustler 2wd and a rustler 4x4. which none of those are stock. So when I get an arrma I will test it like I do with all of my other RC cars.

I do like both brands equally traxxas is a very good starter for beginners, while arrma is good for moderate to experienced RC guys looking for something to send it.

My first RC car was a traxxas slash 2wd and I still have it and run it often which brings me nostalgia.

So I would get an arrma over a traxxas because the experience because they are lighter and cheaper and easy to work on.

For a buggy I will go for a LC racing emb-1 (which is a 1/14th scale)

I’d say (sorry if this sounds mean) DO NOT GET arrma. I had a VERY bad experience.

I know it's an old post, but let me share my experience, maybe it helps someone.

I don't have a lot of arrma.cars, just infraction, limitless and infraction mega. Their onroad stuff is on point, no experience with bashers.

Traxxas rustler 4x4, nothing wrong with it, but I find it boring, it's not my style, but I like 2wd rustlers. Tekno et410.2 for the win in that class :).

I like stampede, but it's getting old, I like longer wheelbase and body is too fragile.

I love hoss, longer, more stable, sickening motor from Maxx, torque monster. Sledge tires are my favorite tires ever. Quick release body with a lot of reinforcement. It's what stampede should be from the beginning. But way overpriced, and I think ultra shocks for such an expensive car is ridiculous. I love ultra shocks, but in my opinion they are good only for brushed cars and tmaxx, not brushless cars.

For heavy bashing Maxx is the way to go, there is not too much to say, Maxx v2 is just awesome in every way. 2 years ago I bought used Maxx, it was cheap but the most abused rc I ever had. Previous owner really tried to kill it, unsuccessfully.

My favorite platform, erevo. I am in love with all cars based on revo platform, but not durrable for heavy bashing and abuse like Maxx.

I prefer the Hoss over the 4wd Rustler/Stampede.

I really like my Associated MT-10 as well.

I know it's an old post, but let me share my experience, maybe it helps someone.

I don't have a lot of arrma.cars, just infraction, limitless and infraction mega. Their onroad stuff is on point, no experience with bashers.

Traxxas rustler 4x4, nothing wrong with it, but I find it boring, it's not my style, but I like 2wd rustlers. Tekno et410.2 for the win in that class :).

I like stampede, but it's getting old, I like longer wheelbase and body is too fragile.

I love hoss, longer, more stable, sickening motor from Maxx, torque monster. Sledge tires are my favorite tires ever. Quick release body with a lot of reinforcement. It's what stampede should be from the beginning. But way overpriced, and I think ultra shocks for such an expensive car is ridiculous. I love ultra shocks, but in my opinion they are good only for brushed cars and tmaxx, not brushless cars.

For heavy bashing Maxx is the way to go, there is not too much to say, Maxx v2 is just awesome in every way. 2 years ago I bought used Maxx, it was cheap but the most abused rc I ever had. Previous owner really tried to kill it, unsuccessfully.

My favorite platform, erevo. I am in love with all cars based on revo platform, but not durrable for heavy bashing and abuse like Maxx.

While not a big TRX fan, I can sure appreciate everything you've said here. Between my brother and I, we have all those too. He has 2 E Revo 2.0's, Sludge, 4x4 rustler vxl, mini E Revo, 2wd rustler vxl. I have the stuff he didn't like (freebies), Hoss, rustler 2wd vxl(old transmission) and an xl5 bandit (now vxl).
They all run great, the Hoss is awesome, just not $450 awesome, LOL. I put Lasernut shocks on it for about $40, Exotek steering and Tekno rear cvds..tough little truck!
He dropped a max8 g2 combo in his v1 Maxx, off the hook on 4s! He runs 3s in it now. Plenty for what we do. The Sludge is good once all the bugs have been fixed, most expensive TRX to date.. and we both have Xmaxx's, they're cheaper to own than a Sludge.
The E Revo is an interesting rig, handles well on our track. I think we have the most fun racing 2wd rustlers against each other though. Such a handful to drive on track, he runs 3s, I run 2s. Either is too much for full throttle on our small track. Really makes you a better driver to finesse one of them around a track I think. Cheers!!

Sorry to hear that. So far my Arrmas have been extremely tough.
My brother and I have a fleet of Arrma 6s rigs, can't go wrong. I think Arrma has the best 6s lineup on the market. This is a pic from last year, we've since added more..

20220822_180156.jpg

Have you had a Traxxas or arrma 3$?
Yes. I have 2 Arrma 3S. Typhon and Vorteks (Run with a guy who a has Vorteks and Granite). I was planning on getting a Traxxas as my next RC, but their business practices are making it hard for me to pull the trigger.

Back