Best Traxxas 1/10 monster trucks, bashers. Best buggy to race with on carpet.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. I have 2 Arrma 3S. Typhon and Vorteks (Run with a guy who a has Vorteks and Granite). I was planning on getting a Traxxas as my next RC, but their business practices are making it hard for me to pull the trigger.
That's one of my hangups with TRX. The products are good, overpriced perhaps, but that's a luxury of being the top dog in the industry I believe.
Their 1/10 lineup is quite good overall. My bro just picked up a Vorteks boost over the winter. Our first taste of Arrma 1/10 scale. As expected, the brushed system is pretty mute.. he put a Spektrum 130a and TRX 3670 (Maxx) motor in it..still rocking the plastic spur and all!😂
As expected, it's pretty much a "sit n spin".. way too much power for the traction available..LOL.
He says to me "think I should add the 4wd?"
Uh, yeah. If you plan on doing anything beyond drifting!!😉😂😎
It seems to be decent build for the price, I mean, it is about the cheapest brand name 1/10 you can buy?
We'll see where it goes. I've heard folks having issues with the slipper and drive "module" on them. No direct experience with them myself though.

Yes. I have 2 Arrma 3S. Typhon and Vorteks (Run with a guy who a has Vorteks and Granite). I was planning on getting a Traxxas as my next RC, but their business practices are making it hard for me to pull the trigger.
Well, nothing what Traxxas is doing is illegal. We live in capitalism and unlike communist countries like China where you can copy anything, here in USA patents and trademarks are protected by law.

Who doesn't like capitalism, can go to China, where everything is counterfeit to the point that you can't even find a real milk, even basic food is fake

Well, nothing what Traxxas is doing is illegal. We live in capitalism and unlike communist countries like China where you can copy anything, here in USA patents and trademarks are protected by law.

Who doesn't like capitalism, can go to China, where everything is counterfeit to the point that you can't even find a real milk, even basic food is fake
Suing a company knowing they are not in violation of any patents, but done for the purpose of putting another company out of business is far from capitalism. And just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t mean it isn’t unethical.

Suing a company knowing they are not in violation of any patents, but done for the purpose of putting another company out of business is far from capitalism. And just because something isn’t illegal doesn’t mean it isn’t unethical.
Well, it depends how you look at it. Not just Traxxas, a lot of companies paid a lot of money to engineers to develop a product or technology and they protected that investment in patenting it.

Also trademarks, a lot of companies invested a lot of money in marketing so they don't want other companies to benefit. Stupid example, I I made my own soda that is my own recipe but I packed it bottle that is identical like coca cola, they would not be happy. If I packed identical product under my own brand, and name they could not care less. Would that be ethical from my perspective, no, I want my, let's name it "uzor cola" to sell as much as coca cola but I don't have millions to invest in marketing

Back