Best tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. I want to get new tires for my rustler. Which tires would be the best for mostly grass and a little street?
Thanks.

Last edited:
I love my proline Trenchers. They make them in a variety of sizes. I run them on My Savage and on my short course truck. They are great in dirt and grass and do pretty well in sandy surfaces (not beach).

A knobby may serve you better. not sure. i run all over and find the trenchers to be excellent all around tires, but a knobby may be what your looking for, however they get eaten up on hard surfaces.

Alright thanks. Going to be getting some dirt hawgs because the stock tires on the rustler slip on grass like crazy.

I have a set of badlands on my classic maxx with a 3.3 in it, and I love how those itrs handle and really not to bad on hard surfaces yet for me ,, and I have that rig setup for rwd.

Neighbor runs sand paws on his nitro rusty. Thing actually does well but suffers from lateral slide due to the paddle design. Still gets up and goes in the grass and sandy dirt we have. Nit recommending for your situation of mostly grass, just thought I'd mention incase you find yourself in a sandy situation.

yeah paddles in the dirt is pretty awsome I use them with my jato and my slash once in a while and the rooster tails are insane!!!

Paddles are pretty fun in the snow too :D

V5Qm6.jpg

Nice! How was the electronics not ruined, you got that thing packed with snow.
Paddles are on my short list of things to buy since I already have a set of wheels waiting to be see fresh rubber.

Nice! How was the electronics not ruined, you got that thing packed with snow.
Paddles are on my short list of things to buy since I already have a set of wheels waiting to be see fresh rubber.

Yeah, it was silly fun. It started life as a Traxxas so the electronics are waterproo........er highly water resistant. I did however stick the lipo into a ziplock bag to protect it from shorting. I don't use the paddles hardly ever, but have them if I get the urge.