best stadium truck??

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbsleeper

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what is the best stadium truck for under $350? like the starter pack and everything for under 350. thanks!

The xxx-nt is more designed with the racer in mind. It's a little more fragile that the rc-10, but more tunable for driving. I don't have the rc-10, but I do have the xxx-nt. The rc-10 looks easier to work on. Things are more in the open. On the losi, everything is covered up in the middle by a chassis brace. It's a real pain when you crack a tank or want to replace the steering servo.

I can attest to the fact that the losi is a good truck, but I wish I had gotten the rc-10. I don't need racing tunability right off the bat. I just bash only. So the extra's that come on it weren't worth the extra $. I think the rc-10 is a bit cheaper as well.

I have the rc10gt and I wish I had the losi! The xxxnt corners better I think. The rc10 is reliable and easy to work on though.

For a beginner i would go with the rc10gt.I have seen both run and the xxxnt breaks more often then the rc10gt.They are bothe proven race winners though.

You can also by arms from RPM for the rc10 and not the losi. Your stuck with stock, graphite or bendable aluminum. RPM is the best stuff out there for a basher. Flexible, yes, breakable, not really!

I have both , XXXNT Sport and RC10GT. Overall I like the NT, It is easier to break and isnt as hop upable as the GT. But both kits are neck and neck. If i were going to buy one for 350 i would get the losi. Simply b/c it is a kick ass reliable beginner truck. But.... It is 330 for the RTR itself. You will need approx. 420 for everything... fuel 25 for a gallon, and 40$ for a starter kit"Get The Duratrax one" . Later

-Skyline Racer

Also Olds is right.. can't go without RPM 8)

I have a nitro evader and a RC10. I love them both for different reasons. The evader is a truck that I get out and bash around the yard and it has been really reliable. The RC10 is the truck that I use to race and I have invested in hop-ups. (I actually bought it with a lot of hop-ups on it from a racer.) What is cool is that a lot of the parts are interchangable.

For a basher I have to say the xtm X-cellerator. a 18 motor (easy to tune) all the power you need. Inexpensive rtr with lots of features.

It fast durable, and inexpensive. their customer support is 10/0

Even for a racer it would rock. Just pull the .18 sell it, add a bit of money for a nice .12 motor. You're good to go.

i have the nt and I've driven the gt and i must say that the nt is a whole lot better concerning stability in the turns, acceleration and so on. but the gt is way way better to bash around with and go nuts with. the losi is prone to break if you dont know what you're doing with it and you dont know how much abuse it can handle. but off the bat the gt can withstand a whole lot of abuse, its just not put together as well as the losi, meaning technology and the layout of the whole car. if that helps then go buy a truck and have some fun!

search this forum for this question and I'm sure you'll find enough information to make the proper choice. I have a GT and I have never been happier. I made my decision between the NT and the GT based on durability since my truck was going to be used primarily for bashing the only things i've broken so far are a shock shaft, a dog bone, and a rear bulk head. I love my GT thats all I have to say:w00t:

in my opinion the gt is the best truck and can handle corners as well as or better than the losi if you properly tune the suspension, but if your new to the sport you might like something simple that requires less knowledge go with the losi.. a.k.a. team:loser:

Hey Floyd, just to let ya'll know I added some 4" drainage pipe barrier around my track and added some jumps. You and Allen need to come on over sometime and check it out. Great place to play. Plus I wanna see that GT of your turn as good as all these NT's....lol

Catch ya later bro.....

-Sag

cool...

sounds like fun. going to nashvegas this weekend for the "BIG MONEY RACE" be back sunday.. maybe we can bash next weekend.. i have built a new gt so maybe i will have my bashin truck ready by next weekend...:thumbup:

thanks for all the help guys but a buggy was a little more my style so i got the ofna ultra lx pro and love it. i have only broken it in and from this point is sick and can't wait to tune it to get some real speed out of it. the reason i got a buggy is because the stadium trucks didnt sound very well built and i tend to beat the crap out of things(my quads a good example but it still runs like a charm). again thanks for the help.

Back