Best rtr for kids on outdoor track?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fireball

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Long story short I'm Building a track for me and my son.
My neighbors kids don't have a lot some parents are meth heads some are trying and just struggling. Not the kids fault.
I'm wanting to buy 4 rc cars for all the neighborhood kids to play with. I got a 959b cheap and fast but idk about it on a track.
Looking at either the 1\12 brushed wl toys or maybe the team associated 14b. Thats about all that's in my budget as i gotta buy 4 of them or so. Which is the best option in the long run? Or is there a better option? If anyone has anything good used for sale let me know to please

Ty man. Just want these kids and mine to have a little fun is all. Me also lmao. I can't act like i wont enjoy it to lol.
My track will be about 100x60 or so also. Thats all the room i can spare. So i figure i need to keep the cars 1/12 to 1/18?

Last edited:
Long story short I'm Building a track for me and my son.
My neighbors kids don't have a lot some parents are meth heads some are trying and just struggling. Not the kids fault.
I'm wanting to buy 4 rc cars for all the neighborhood kids to play with. I got a 959b cheap and fast but idk about it on a track.
Looking at either the 1\12 brushed wl toys or maybe the team associated 14b. Thats about all that's in my budget as i gotta buy 4 of them or so. Which is the best option in the long run? Or is there a better option? If anyone has anything good used for sale let me know to please
have you checked out this bezgar brand on amazon? I grabbed 2 for my kids around $100 each for 1/12 scale. these bad boys are fast and have taken a beating.

No i have not ty tho i will for sure.

The biggest issue there is with amazon RC rigs, is the fact that parts availability is a bit tough. Unless you have a backup car just for parts then I wouldn't recommend them. Without parts, they are nothing more than a paperweight. RCs break and you seriously need a source of available parts.

The biggest issue there is with amazon RC rigs, is the fact that parts availability is a bit tough. Unless you have a backup car just for parts then I wouldn't recommend them. Without parts, they are nothing more than a paperweight. RCs break and you seriously need a source of available parts.
Valid point but this particular brand does have parts kits available. Not extensive but enough to get running after a mishap.

Ty all for your input. Looking to order some Monday. Anyone elses input is greatly appreciated. Also if ya have something close to what I'm looking for cheap pm me please.

They may not be in your budget, but the Losi Mini B roller would make for some awesome little race buggies. You'd have to buy a radio and electronics for each of them though.

Just a heads up, when you get into the smaller scales, the terrain you drive on needs to be smoother than it does for bigger scales. Hitting a 1/2" pebble in a 1/18 scale buggy is like hitting a dead cow in the road at speed.

I really can't recommend anything, but for what its worth, I suggest getting two of two unless its like the traxxas rwd where 4 or 5 cars use the same parts. I say that so there is a variety, but its nice when the parts you have works on all instead of stocking parts for each car.
They may not be in your budget, but the Losi Mini B roller would make for some awesome little race buggies. You'd have to buy a radio and electronics for each of them though.

Just a heads up, when you get into the smaller scales, the terrain you drive on needs to be smoother than it does for bigger scales. Hitting a 1/2" pebble in a 1/18 scale buggy is like hitting a dead cow in the road at speed.
🤣😂🤣

i gave up on finding good easy to drive small cars lol. i went with kyosho nitro neo 3.0s. i got 2 on the way so far lol. seems thats a steal for 350 each.

I'm renting a skid steer to help with the track. it will be a week or so before the weather lets me start tho. if anyone is around central ky and wants to help your more then welcome lol.

Well dang. You are going all out huh. I would suggest you put a weed barrier down to keep the maintenance low. Can't wait to see it.

Yea definitely. We used to own ponderosa speedway 3/8 mile dirt oval. Had well over 100 hours a week in track prep. A rc car ain't gonna destroy the track tho. I figure if i can keep weeds out like you say it shouldn't be to much of a headache.

Late to the party but I'd get a flock of Losi Mini T's RTR and a hand full of extra batteries. But, looks like you have a plan. Awesome what your doing bro, your good people. 👍

Back