Best repair glue for bulkheads

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have some tin you could fab up a metal plate to span those two holes to strengthen that. Like this...
View attachment 133527

But that is a bad place to try to repair.

When you get the glue, try also using some plastic from a sprue or something to melt into those cracks and onto the surface. Maybe that will help.

Another idea is buy a sheet of styrene from the hobby shop. Cut it to the same shape and use the glue to laminate it onto that face.

Hope this helps.
I was going to suggest this right before I seen your post. That may be a good idea.

Want me to try calling them? Give me the part number. I will make sure they are ok shipping that to the UK.
That would be awesome bud, the part number is DTXC 7895
I was going to suggest this right before I seen your post. That may be a good idea.
Think I’m just gonna stop being a tight @rse and order one, Felix Hobby stores has one and it’s actually a decent price as long as it’s an accurate one I’ve seen lol

Think I’m just gonna stop being a tight @rse and order one, Felix Hobby stores has one and it’s actually a decent price as long as it’s an accurate one I’ve seen lol
They must have closed at 6pm. I will try them again in the AM. The info says they are open til 7 though. Will try them again...

just annoys me when the shipping is more than the part lol 😂
Hey bud glad you found the bulkhead. And the shipping is ridiculous for sure. But like Wicked mentioned if possible should get a few other things to off set the shipping. Like the spur or maybe a set of a arms. If you found a place to get the parts for a vintage RC. Buy up all you can if possible. Those parts won't be around for long like wicked said... I did that same thing with the duratrax.👍👍
Thats a Duratrax part number. The bulkhead off what RC?🤔🤔 hold on I'm going to look that up

I can tell you right now my man, tight arse don't work in this hobby... :D
Haha yeah I’m guessing that bud, already bought more things for these two rc’s Than I did for my actual cars in the last 5 years haha 😂
They must have closed at 6pm. I will try them again in the AM. The info says they are open til 7 though. Will try them again...
No worries at all Wicked mate, it’s 23.30 here so no rush right now bud haha 😂

I can tell you right now my man, tight arse don't work in this hobby... :D
That is 100% true for sure!!👍👍
Haha yeah I’m guessing that bud, already bought more things for these two rc’s Than I did for my actual cars in the last 5 years haha 😂

No worries at all Wicked mate, it’s 23.30 here so no rush right now bud haha 😂
What RC is that bulkhead for bud thr Evader?

Hey bud glad you found the bulkhead. And the shipping is ridiculous for sure. But like Wicked mentioned if possible should get a few other things to off set the shipping. Like the spur or maybe a set of a arms. If you found a place to get the parts for a vintage RC. Buy up all you can if possible. Those parts won't be around for long like wicked said... I did that same thing with the duratrax.👍👍

Thats a Duratrax part number. The bulkhead off what RC?🤔🤔 hold on I'm going to look that up
Axis/thunder quake front bulkhead bud although the quake actually says dtxc7898 but it’s the same part

I sent them a FB message too. They don't even have an answering machine lol. Will keep checking.

That was what steered me away from trying to bash a buggy ,but my Mgt had similar problems ,but
i was able to make an aluminum plate to help re enforce it with longer hinge pins!

Nice fab work Baker. Well done

Axis/thunder quake front bulkhead bud although the quake actually says dtxc7898 but it’s the same part
That dtxc is the duratrax initials. That's how all the duratrax parts start with see.. so there's 2 different numbers but the same part correct? Is that what I'm understanding? I will look them up. I found a few different places that carry these vintage parts. Give me a few minutes. What was the price of part the shipping was 17?
16325233619764837465255903674956.jpg

That was what steered me away from trying to bash a buggy ,but my Mgt had similar problems ,but
i was able to make an aluminum plate to help re enforce it with longer hinge pins!

Nice!!! If I could get some slightly longer pins I’d do the same but I can’t think of where to get them from
That dtxc is the duratrax initials. That's how all the duratrax parts start with see.. so there's 2 different numbers but the same part correct? Is that what I'm understanding? I will look them up. I found a few different places that carry these vintage parts. Give me a few minutes. What was the price of part the shipping was 17?View attachment 133550
Yes that’s right bud dtxc# are all the duratrax part numbers- and yes both the 7895 and 7898 are the same as the axis and thunder quake share a chassis and a lot of parts too.
The price at Felix hobby shop was $17.35 shipped and that’s the cheapest I’ve found!

Last edited:
Thanx ,it was a little crooked in shape ,but it will do the job!..:cool:
Yeah thats still nice fab work bud 👍👍. Doesn't matter if crooked bud. Only matters if it works for the purpose it was made for. And it looks like it fits perfectly... thats thinking out the box👍👍👍

That dtxc is the duratrax initials. That's how all the duratrax parts start with see.. so there's 2 different numbers but the same part correct? Is that what I'm understanding? I will look them up. I found a few different places that carry these vintage parts. Give me a few minutes. What was the price of part the shipping was 17?View attachment 133550
The part on Felix is $9.35

Nice!!! If I could get some slightly longer pins I’d do the same but I can’t think of where to get them from
Can you measure the pins. Length and the with? Well that's probably 3mm wide? If you can measure I can probably find some longer pins bud

The part on Felix is $9.35
Yeah but shipped to me it’s $17 total bud, some places on eBay the shipping alone is £22!!
Can you measure the pins. Length and the with? Well that's probably 3mm wide? If you can measure I can probably find some longer pins bud
I’ll measure them tomorrow bud, I’ve got 3mm steel plate so 3mm longer would work, but tbh if I can get a new bulkhead I won’t have to mess around with glue or braces so hopefully their price is correct as it’s only around £12 so that’s fine!!!

Yeah but shipped to me it’s $17 total bud, some places on eBay the shipping alone is £22!!

I’ll measure them tomorrow bud, I’ve got 3mm steel plate so 3mm longer would work, but tbh if I can get a new bulkhead I won’t have to mess around with glue or braces so hopefully their price is correct as it’s only around £12 so that’s fine!!!
I would still make a metal plate to go there. I am actually surprised there isn't one there from the factory. That is a trouble spot on just about every RC, which is why you typically see aluminum bracing there. And if these parts are getting scarce, you are gonna want to protect that one, and maybe even try to fix the cracked one with this mod. So let Stoner give you a hand. I would definitely do it.

Back