Best repair glue for bulkheads

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stigtheone

RCTalk Talkaholic
Active Military
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just wondering what the best glue is for repairing the black plastic type bulkheads, I’ve already used Loctite superglue and it failed straight away, the part is gonna be stressed so need something pretty good?

Just wondering what the best glue is for repairing the black plastic type bulkheads, I’ve already used Loctite superglue and it failed straight away, the part is gonna be stressed so need something pretty good?
You could try this stuff...
Weldon #4 with Applicator Bottle - 1/4 Pint - 4oz - 10308 - 1 each https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00TCUJ7A8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apan_glt_fabc_CJ0J129FTEQ1FFC533YT

But I just discovered this glue is good for PLA. @Doom! has some experience with it. Maybe he can give his input.

Other than that, a plastic weld type glue is going to work far better than a CA adhesive. CA just bonds to the surfaces. Plastic weld actually melts the plastic together chemically. So other things to try is Plastruct Plastic Weld, straight Acetone (nail polish remover), etc.

But the best option for something that takes as much abuse as a bulkhead - replacement. That is such a high stress area, any repair will likely fail again.

Last edited:
I don't think any glue is going to stand up to any real punishment. If you have enough room you could try bolting on an additional plate to re-enforce it but chances are it will break where you drill new holes.

I don't think any glue is going to stand up to any real punishment. If you have enough room you could try bolting on an additional plate to re-enforce it but chances are it will break where you drill new holes.
I had thought of making a brace across the front but that would mean the pins that go through for the bottom arms would have to be longer and that may be another impossible task lol 😂

What rig do you have that you are trying to fix?
The best solution would be to purchase the broken part. I've never had any luck at all gluing parts.
Sometimes parts are hard to find but if you post what rig it is, a lot of these guys "just like me" like to research parts for other guys.

To get you threw till you can order a new bulk. I would try or use super gorilla glue. Wet both parts a little glue on each and clamp it together for 24hrs.. then it should hold for a few... as long as your not jumping or bashing.. I would get the strongest you can find. 👍👍

So I found a couple actually, but they’re all over your side of the water, literally not one in the UK so far as I can see... Dont suppose you have used felixhobbystore.com before? They have one works out to $17 shipped to me, may have to bite the bullet and get one ordered lol
no glue will holdup
I don’t expecting different tbh but it doesn’t get raced just blasted round my housing estate tbh bud haha
To get you threw till you can order a new bulk. I would try or use super gorilla glue. Wet both parts a little glue on each and clamp it together for 24hrs.. then it should hold for a few... as long as your not jumping or bashing.. I would get the strongest you can find. 👍👍
I’ll try that bud to see if it holds it til I get a new one cheers stoner!!!

So I found a couple actually, but they’re all over your side of the water, literally not one in the UK so far as I can see... Dont suppose you have used felixhobbystore.com before? They have one works out to $17 shipped to me, may have to bite the bullet and get one ordered lol

I don’t expecting different tbh but it doesn’t get raced just blasted round my housing estate tbh bud haha

I’ll try that bud to see if it holds it til I get a new one cheers stoner!!!
OHHHH! I forgot you are in the UK!

EMA Plastic Weld. That stuff is the sh!t dude! The stuff we talked about in another thread about glue. It is amazing. Only available in the UK.

OHHHH! I forgot you are in the UK!

EMA Plastic Weld. That stuff is the sh!t dude! The stuff we talked about in another thread about glue. It is amazing. Only available in the UK.
Haha 😂 no worries man easily done!!
And nice one I’ll see if I can get a tube of that stuff and try it out, cheers mate!!!

Haha 😂 no worries man easily done!!
And nice one I’ll see if I can get a tube of that stuff and try it out, cheers mate!!!
It comes in a glass bottle. It is very thin, and evaporates like a fart in the wind. So keep the cap on tight when you aren't dipping a horse hair brush into it. Do not try a synthetic or nylon brush unless you want to add the brush into the part permanently. Brush it on both surfaces, and repeat until you notice the plastic melting slightly. Then press them together. Afterwards, brush a liberal amount over the crack. It will penetrate the seam. Do you have a pic of the damage?

It comes in a glass bottle. It is very thin, and evaporates like a fart in the wind. So keep the cap on tight when you aren't dipping a horse hair brush into it. Do not try a synthetic or nylon brush unless you want to add the brush into the part permanently. Brush it on both surfaces, and repeat until you notice the plastic melting slightly. Then press them together. Afterwards, brush a liberal amount over the crack. It will penetrate the seam. Do you have a pic of the damage?
84AD2608-0300-4439-91AD-8E7CFB0FAC6E.jpeg

That’s the damage there bud, plus a crack on the side which I forgot to photo earlier lol
That stuff you talk of sounds like the best bet until I can get round to buying a new bulkhead, just annoys me when the shipping is more than the part lol 😂
Oh, q-tips work good for applicators as well. Just make sure they are cotton.
I’ll remember that we have loads haha

View attachment 133526
That’s the damage there bud, plus a crack on the side which I forgot to photo earlier lol
That stuff you talk of sounds like the best bet until I can get round to buying a new bulkhead, just annoys me when the shipping is more than the part lol 😂

I’ll remember that we have loads haha
If you have some tin you could fab up a metal plate to span those two holes to strengthen that. Like this...
Untitled69_20210924152212.png

But that is a bad place to try to repair.

When you get the glue, try also using some plastic from a sprue or something to melt into those cracks and onto the surface. Maybe that will help.

Another idea is buy a sheet of styrene from the hobby shop. Cut it to the same shape and use the glue to laminate it onto that face.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If you have some tin you could fab up a metal plate to span those two holes to strengthen that. Like this...
View attachment 133527

When you get the glue, try also using some plastic from a sprue or something to melt into those cracks and onto the surface. Maybe that will help.

Another idea is buy a sheet of styrene from the hobby shop. Cut it to the same shape and use the glue to laminate it onto that face.

Hope this helps.
Cheers bud. I’d thought of making a brace but the problems are two main things; one is that the pins mean you have no extra space to play with and you wouldn’t get the clips back on.
And two, the steering bar sits so tight from the rear of the bulkhead you wouldn’t be able to fit small diameter bolts through (the pins have very shallow dome heads on them at that side).
I may be able to do what you say if I can use some thick steel and recess some holes where the outer holes are, to house the ends of the bottom arm pins and clips. I’d have to bend the edges round the sides of that front section for that to work... (my 3mm plate may work for this). I’ll probably try the plastic weld glue you mentioned first though, but I think I’ll just have to bite the bullet and order a new bulk if I want it to be right.

Cheers bud. I’d thought of making a brace but the problems are two main things; one is that the pins mean you have no extra space to play with and you wouldn’t get the clips back on.
And two, the steering bar sits so tight from the rear of the bulkhead you wouldn’t be able to fit small diameter bolts through (the pins have very shallow dome heads on them at that side).
I may be able to do what you say if I can use some thick steel and recess some holes where the outer holes are, to house the ends of the bottom arm pins and clips. I’d have to bend the edges round the sides of that front section for that to work... (my 3mm plate may work for this). I’ll probably try the plastic weld glue you mentioned first though, but I think I’ll just have to bite the bullet and order a new bulk if I want it to be right.
I always try to find a few other parts I need to offset the shipping a bit. I usually feel better if the shipping remains the same and I can split it between a few parts. Extra spurs are probably cheap, and a good thing to stock up on. When those are gone, it is a pain to find suitable replacements. Just a thought.

View attachment 133527

Hope this helps.
ALSo I don’t know know if you saw my other reply bud, but have you used/heard of felix hobby shop? Are they reputable?

ALSo I don’t know know if you saw my other reply bud, but have you used/heard of felix hobby shop? Are they reputable?
No, sorry. But if you are talking about this one, they have really good reviews...
Screenshot_20210924-172047_Chrome.jpg

They have a FB page as well.

If you want me to call them for you I can.

Last edited:
No, sorry. But if you are talking about this one, they have really good reviews...
View attachment 133534

They have a FB page as well.
That’s the one bud, don’t have Facebook so can’t check that, but they show that they have the bulkhead in stock. I came across a few fake sites earlier that’s all so wondered if people had come across them before as they’re stateside.

That’s the one bud, don’t have Facebook so can’t check that, but they show that they have the bulkhead in stock. I came across a few fake sites earlier that’s all so wondered if people had come across them before as they’re stateside.
Want me to try calling them? Give me the part number. I will make sure they are ok shipping that to the UK.

Back