Best Pipe For a Team Losi Aftershock???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitroracer07

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Whats the Best Pipe For a Team Losi Aftershock??? Answers anyone? :whhooo:

:buggy1:

Any JP series pipe, OFNA or dynamite 086 or 053 And if you want the "do it all" pipe go for a BUKU power pipe and you will think you put a new and more powerful engine in there!

The buku is nothing but a pain in the ass.

The Losi HT pipe is a good companion for the mach26ss.

The buku is nothing but a pain in the ass.
I agree with you brother! I was not impressed with Buku at all. However I really like the Ofna JP series pipes. I have a JP-4 and it kicks butt. THS also makes really good pipes too though. They are LOUD! The JP-1 is low end power, JP-2 is a top end power pipe, JP-3 gives good mid to top end power, and the JP-4 is a good "all around" pipe. Give ya decent low, mid and top end. I really like the 4. In my jammin CRT it was like getting another engine the difference was so drastic coming from a stock pipe.

LOL you know your pipes!... i like loud! I'm going with THS lol

Hey easy with "I know pipes" comment buddy....whatcha trying to say huh? lol....I have used several and just kind narrowed down what I liked. We had a group of RC's and we would ocassionaly swap stuff around to see what worked best.

LOL Haha!! i didnt mean it in bad way! ..... Thats awesome !... I'm working on my gf`s lst right now it looks pretty awesome ill try to put up pics in a new topic lol

The Losi HT pipe is a good companion for the mach26ss.

If you want to stay on the cheap, the HT pipe is really good with the stock engine and many others. I run one with my LRP and really like it.

I ran the HPI savage polished pipe and it really let the stock M26SS open up and scream. Then a buddy of mine put it in his LST1 with a JP1 pipe and it lost some top end compared to the HPI, but was really strong on the low end.

The HPI pipe doesn't work as well with the LRP though. Gives it a muddy center.

Last edited:
I have heard good things about the HT pipe but I have never used one...on my LRPs I have a THS and a JP-4. I think I like the JP-4 best for performance but the THS sounds better I think. Sounds angry. Almost as loud as the HPI ribbed pipe.

The HT pipe is considerably more quiet than the HPI polished pipe and ridiculously more quiet than the ribbed. My buddies can barely hear my aftershock sneak up and decimate them over their engines.

I know the JP-3 is loud as hell.

The Losi HT is the best low dollar pipe for the M26 and 427.
Don't let the JP-2 or a 086 scare you away because they are marketed as top end pipes....all it takes are a little stiffer clutch springs and you have a violent powerband from bottom to top!

too many choices!! .. i just want the loudest one that gives great performance for wheelies (prob low end torque? )..:\

The Losi HT or the JP-3. Both will give good bottom end without killing power everywhere else.

I run the stock Losi sport HT on my LST2 with the 427 and I can't keep the front end down and I want it to stay down.