Best cheap savage clutch

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Learningnitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Have two savage XLs both with old 5.9 motors needing a clutch on one of them and want to go ahead and order new for both but on a budget and can not afford the top tier just need something solid and with bearings included if anyone has any link to anything you've used or recommend? Thanks in advance!🤙

Have two savage XLs both with old 5.9 motors needing a clutch on one of them and want to go ahead and order new for both but on a budget and can not afford the top tier just need something solid and with bearings included if anyone has any link to anything you've used or recommend? Thanks in advance!🤙
Are you talking about the clutchbell or the flywheel where the clutch shoes and springs mount to?

Sorry I do apologize. I'm speaking of the flywheel clutch shoes and bearings. If there is a set to go for or what is recommended by you guys. Think actual flywheels on both are ok but if it's best to just do it all. I do have Robinson bell gears on both already so just the innerds so to speak haha. I have seen several on Amazon some include all of it some don't just don't want to waste money I'm sure one of you OGs could help. Thanks again🤙

Sorry I do apologize. I'm speaking of the flywheel clutch shoes and bearings. If there is a set to go for or what is recommended by you guys. Think actual flywheels on both are ok but if it's best to just do it all. I do have Robinson bell gears on both already so just the innerds so to speak haha. I have seen several on Amazon some include all of it some don't just don't want to waste money I'm sure one of you OGs could help. Thanks again🤙
BUKU used to make some really nice clutches. Id get something like that or Id just replace the existing shoes with some aluminum ones and rock the original flywheel. I havent been in to the nitro side of things for a number of years though so I'm not current on the latest nitro gear.

Kinda what I was thinking and sounds like the best thing to do. Flywheels are good for sure and no issues so worth a shot. Thanks for the input and advice I appreciate it

Back