Best brushless motor for 4x4 1/10 th scale arma granite

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artie81

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I’m looking for information to help me, just bought a 1/10th scale Arma Granite 4x4 truck and the factory motor is not really fast at all, what’s the cheapest best way to go gaining more speed?

I’m looking for information to help me, just bought a 1/10th scale Arma Granite 4x4 truck and the factory motor is not really fast at all, what’s the cheapest best way to go gaining more speed?
Cheap and best dont typically go together in this hobby. Cheap typically doesn't last long, and the best doesn't come cheap. With that said though, for a decent, wont break the bank setup that works, as long as you arent looking for more than 3S power, my absolute favorite goto isnt a combo, its individually sourced parts. For the ESC, i always use Hobby Wing WP-10-BL-60 brushless ESC's, and either surpass hobby, or, really, any of the cheap eBay 3650/3660 3300KV to 3800KV motors. It all depends on what exactly you are looking for speed wise. Even a 3650/3300KV motor and HW ESC will be an improvement over what you currently have, since you would be upgrading to brushless, but, to get the most out of brushless, that also means stepping up to Lipo batteries, so, my question is, how much speed are you ultimately looking for?

I'm not going to assume, but do you have the brush or brushless version?
If you just have the brush version, then Biggmann gave you a solid reply.

The more speed u want go higher on the kv# object isnt always speed. Spending more $ to get longevity is more important

more details needed
battery being used?
brushed or brushless?
pinion size w spur?

If you have the brushed version then Biggman is right. something in the 3200-4000kV range is best.

The more speed u want go higher on the kv# object isnt always speed. Spending more $ to get longevity is more important
doesn't matter what the kV is as long as you're in the right range for the type of kit you're running. Speed can always be increased/decreased by changing pinion and spur sizes but if you go to high kV for a given application you could find yourself in a situation where you're overheating the motor even with the shortest gearing possible.

Back