Best battery attachment and charger attachment

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ares Reyes

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I need help finding the most popular rc car battery attachments I’ve been looking but I can’t find the best one if you can help please let me know your suggestions.

there really is no best.. there are many that will handle a wide range of amperage.. and thats the most important thing 1 should know when choosing a battery or esc connector.I switched all my battery and esc charger leads to XT 90 i use to use Deans but had a few melt on me. I used anderson power poles. and hated them even with the additional clip they would just come unplugged at the worst time....people like the Xt 60 I like the xt 90...for a charge lead it get a 9 whats called a squid) has many different plugs that might come in handy...
https://www.amainhobbies.com/fuse-b...rm=4585513247923742&utm_content=Cars & Trucks

shop around you can find many better prices for 10.5 or almost any amount you need..
https://www.walmart.com/ip/18-in-1-...nt-Connectors-Apex-RC-Products-1474/968039253
again shop around..

I have 1 of these in my electrical box.(one I carry with my rc gear bags) along with i use 1 as my main charger lead..

there really is no best.. there are many that will handle a wide range of amperage.. and thats the most important thing 1 should know when choosing a battery or esc connector.I switched all my battery and esc charger leads to XT 90 i use to use Deans but had a few melt on me. I used anderson power poles. and hated them even with the additional clip they would just come unplugged at the worst time....people like the Xt 60 I like the xt 90...for a charge lead it get a 9 whats called a squid) has many different plugs that might come in handy...
https://www.amainhobbies.com/fuse-battery-xt90-connector-set-1-male-1-female-fusenp-11/p872341?msclkid=da9b9b951cf8171e5272c565fddcf58a&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=AH - Shopping PLA - INSTOCK -Desktop - Non-Brand&utm_term=4585513247923742&utm_content=Cars & Trucks

shop around you can find many better prices for 10.5 or almost any amount you need..
https://www.walmart.com/ip/18-in-1-...nt-Connectors-Apex-RC-Products-1474/968039253
again shop around..

I have 1 of these in my electrical box.(one I carry with my rc gear bags) along with i use 1 as my main charger lead..

Do you know the most popular connector because that’s what I’m looking for I tried tamiya but when I ordered them I checked and they where out of business

Do you know the most popular connector because that’s what I’m looking for I tried tamiya but when I ordered them I checked and they where out of business
Tamiya and deans were very popular many years ago. But these days, traxxas, XT90, XT60, XT150, EC3, EC5, IC3, IC5, 4mm bullet, 6mm bullet... in the end, I'm not sure which is the most used/popular. I converted all my stuff from the traxxas connector to XT90's. They were easier to install/solder and are a decent sized plug I can get my hands on.

When I order packs, I try to get them with XT90's, but if the price is good and offsets the cost of the end, I just get them and replace the ends anyway.

On my 2 pack trucks (e-revo, savage flux, outcast 6s), I end up replacing one of the connectors regardless with an XT90S (anti-spark) connector so it doesn't "POP" when I plug in the second pack. I just always plug the one of the pair in with the XT90S last and unplug it first.

I will second the XT series. I switched everything to XT60 and it's solid.

For the charge cable, just make your own. You don't need expensive 12 Ga Silicon wire for your charge leads. It's only a few amps at best, unless you have a beast of a battery and charge at a high rate. 2C on a 4500 mAh is only 9 Amps. Also being a very short distance the total resistance is extremely low and 14 ga stranded wire (lamp cord) from your local Hardware store works fine. You could probably even use 18-20 ga. Just make sure the lead is not warm when you are charging.

I don't like the squid connectors for two reasons.
  1. Quality Control - You have an underpaid person, in whatever country, splicing 18 wires together. It's a difficult, if not impossible, soldering task.
  2. Some of the connectors have exposed leads and they could short. It's remote but I'm also paranoid.
1621102898533.png

Seriously, 5 mins and $1.50 will get you what ever charge you lead you need.

I like butt connectors, very unsafe and wrong way to do it.. 😁

Hey have to do with what you got sometimes.. JJ the boss red nova got its name zip tie just for that reason. Had to use zip ties in a race for throttle and won the race. Now it’s a easy 100k plus car..

Back