Best 4+ channel radio and reciver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
So as some of you might know my dad won a vanquish pheonix and he was wondering what was a good radio and reciver 4+ channels because it has lockers and stuff and whats some good cheap servos for the lockers? something amazon and not to expensive for both sense hes going all in on the motor and esc some brushless setup

@Addict Rc I'm unashamedly a huge fan of Futaba products and I currently have the Futaba 4PLS and the Futaba 4PM.

Futaba is my vote. :) ;)
Thats one system I want. My hospital stay and out of work crushed that.

I still use s3004, s3003, and s3305 servos and am happy.

I agree, don't skimp on the tx/rx.
Skimping will cut into the full potential of the vanquish.

I'm looking at flysky gt5 for my 10.2
6 channels.
https://www.flysky-cn.com/gt5
I have the GT5, the only downside it that two of the channels are pots. I am not currently using those channels but it sounds like you can change the trim and endpoint to make it so more than halfway is on and less is off. People have also swapped the pots out for micro toggles as well.

I will say that the stability assist is pretty good on it and the abs might actually be good on a basher.

I have the GT5, the only downside it that two of the channels are pots. I am not currently using those channels but it sounds like you can change the trim and endpoint to make it so more than halfway is on and less is off. People have also swapped the pots out for micro toggles as well.

I will say that the stability assist is pretty good on it and the abs might actually be good on a basher.
Good to know. Pots as in potentiometers? Now I got options. 🤔😊

Good to know. Pots as in potentiometers? Now I got options. 🤔😊

The two near the antenna. I bought it on sale for $60 on Amazon and only need 3 channels currently but figured it wouldn't hurt to have more. Plus I wanted to try the stability control because I know the Spektrum in my Arrma will die at some point and I like having the option of using assist if I want. Plus on the GT5 it's a simple on and off from the radio instead of having to do it through the truck.
51KWNd8OFkL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

Update he decided on brushed system whent to the hobby shop (the guy there doesn't try to over sell) and he’s probably just going to do no dig servos because the crawl events the hobby shop has doesn't allow digs

For the Vanquish PRO with DIG and winch , I used the GT5 , I did not like the position and type of channel buttons . I had the Futaba 4PL , excellent touch , it even removed noise from the servo etc , but it seemed very complicated to configure , now I have the Radiolink Rc6gs , easier to use , with cheaper receivers since the Futaba ones are very expensive and the position and type of key for the channels I like much more.

Radiolink RC6GS v3 is around 80$. I don’t own one but for crawlers with dig, fws, two speed trans...this is better than my gt5. The toggle switches are much better than the two pots. If I had the Vanquish Phoenix I would choose it over the gt5.
https://www.radiolink.com/rc6gsv3

I have the RC4GS for my cars. It can still be used as a crawler radio but the RC4 is 4 channels. RC6 and be 6 channels or 7 channels depending on the receiver.

I bought a DX5R orange. Tried it one time sat it on the shelf. That was 2 years ago. Over complicated is an understatement