Behemoth nitro truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey357

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
My dad recently gave me a Wind Hobby Behemoth nitro truck, and I don't know anything about nitro rc cars. I have a bunch of questions and I would like to talj to a couple of people who have owned or worked on the Behemoth truck. Possibly even be willing to teach me a thing or two about them. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Joey P.

The truck is missing the one way bearing and my dad told me it was a 12mm hex 7mm inner. With all the research I have done everything he said it was is wrong. It's not a RC racing usa truck it's a Wind Hobby Behemoth and the one way bearing size from my measurement is just under a 1/2 in. hex and just under a 1/4 in. engine shaft. Does that make it a 12mm hex and 6mm inner? I also have questions about tuning the carb. I don't have the manual so I have no clue what the HSN or the LSN are or which is which.

Thanks, Joey P.

Since I am new to this I have a lot of ignorant questions. Where do I search for the manual and as far as the model, is that the model number on the truck itself. Sorry for the dumb questions. And thanks for your help.

One more question. I have never been able to start my truck since I havent gotten a one way bearing for it yet. When my dad gave it to me there was still some fuel in it and it had been sitting for some time now. Is it going to hurt my engine at all even thougj there is very minimal fuel in the tank or should I just take the tank and lines off and clean them out? There isnt any fuel in the lines or anything just in the tank and its been sitting for a couple months. Has it already done damage or should it be ok if I clean it out pretty good?

You'll need to clean the tank and the lines. If it doesn't start after doing that you'll also need to remove the carb and clean the needle valves.
The manual will show you exactly which OWB you'll need for it.
There's always the possibility that it's full of engine oil, and removing it and cleaning it with denatured alcohol will make it work again. You also need to clean the shaft it rides on. Just make note of which way faces out when you take it off so you can put it back on the same way.

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah definately wont be using the word (awesome) anymore. Guess it takes a little looking around before a noob realizes whats so funny aboyt it. Well jokes on me haha ill be a good sport about it.

Oh no by all means use the word AWESOME all you want. Rolex is the only one who is really annoyed by it. So we annoy him as much as possible. It's the only way to get his heart rate up. He's to old to excersize.

Rolex is the awesomest!!! We just have to keep reminding him that he is human. An awesome human that walk, talks, and sometimes randomly babbles about all things RC! Keep up the awesome work Rolex!

Rolex sounds like an Awesome person. Keep up the awesome help on here rolex.

Finally ordering my new OWB later this week. Time to get this headache of a truck up and running again. Once I get the bearing and run it a few times to see if its gonna stay alive I'm placing my order for my new rims and tires. Gonna go with Proline's Desperado 2.8(rim) and Street fighter 2.8 (tires).

Back