Beginner Help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one hell of a truggy setup that could be yours! Tons of stuff...

heres what i see wrong with this post:
1. most instruction manuals tell you that you need to use threadlock on all scrws going into metal. (i know that associated does)
2. engine bolts comming lose should not cause you to lose an engine. yes your screws may have loosened up or fell out, but a blown up engine is caused by poor tuning, poor construction, or misuse/abuse.
3. RTRs ARE NORMALLY NEVER BUILT USING THREADLOCK
4. i dont and have never used threadlock on any of my screws (unless the threads are starting to wear) and i do not have any problems at all.

You need to stop thinking you know it all YOU DONT... My instructions were for the LRP KIT version!! no separate instructions for the RTR version!! Therefore how was I to know that they had built it NOT following the instructions that came with the kit!! NOWHERE tells you to take it all apart and add theadlock (why would I even think of that)... after all it is supposed to be READY TO RUN... As being a noob at the time its not easy to know and check all this... As for you never having thread lock on... as racer said your very lucky!! It is well known, as anyone here will tell you it's always best to have threadlock on all screws with metal contact!! MY engine didnt blow exactly it was just unrepairable!!

Anyway back to the point as racer says just use a drop of it on all screws in the base plate that srcew into metal... don't bother if they screw into plastic they shouldn't really need it... and it's always a good idea to put a drop on all your grub screws too!!