been out of the game for a while, what is the most beastly pull start engine!?!?!?!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickmpower

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Well its been a while since I've done anything R/C. I need a new engine for my Mugen MBX 4 RR because i got a new piston and sleve for my bump start engine and it fried the starter box and i'm sick of the whole bump start thing. I basiclly want a good blend of power, reliability, and cost. I know the picco .26 was good but that was a while ago.

How much do you want to spend?

i'd rather not, but i guess I'd be willing to spend a large amount if the engine i am buying is "the one" to get.

Does the MBX4 except a Pullstart? My X5 well it doesn't. I wanted the option to have a pullstart but it just doesn't fit without comprimising the engine mount integrity. I opted for the P5X.

I will not get a non pull start engine!!! and yes i heated up the engine with a hair dryer forever

Ok but does the MBX4 have the capability to except a pullstart motor?

The Wasp .28 is a powerful engine, problem with them is theya ren't very easy to tune. They are great when you get the sweet spot but suck when you don't.

If you don't mind spending the cash there are some beastly pullstart engines.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.php/cPath/23_79

Any nova/RB .28 will be very nice. I've heard some good things about the Picco .28 and the O.S. .30 aswell.

I will suggest the Picco .28.
Very very powerful mill, and easy to tune.

anyone know anything about the Racers Edge Sure Fire .32?

I wouldnt get it for a 1/8 buggy, you wont have enough top end. I would get a RB C5, WS7 x3, P5.... but those arent p/s engines. If I were you i'd SERIOUSLY consider getting a starterbox. We wouldnt be telling you if it werent true!

get a better starter box.....the OFNA chrome top and a few others w/ the single direct drive wheel are the only boxes to use...which one do you have now......there really is a big difference to teh boxes...should look into that maybe....
But I agree w/ ratzo on the mill.....decent price too...

unless you plan on converting it to a truggy, I don't think it would do you much good. These platforms run really well with a .21 size mill.Do you plan to regear?

yeah i've got several bells

Nickmpower said:
yeah i've got several bells
what about for the center diff? Most truggies get a taller diff gear to compernsate for the increase in power.

I have the mugen starter box and the OS rz v99 or something like that engine. I just put in a new piston and sleve so the starter box had to go through the stress of break in agian. The brushes simply wore out and they can't be replaced on these motors. I perfer pull start anyways. If anyone wants to buy the engine let me know.

looks like i will be goign with the picco unless someone has another suggestion. I also need new clutch shoes and springs. can anyone recomend something better then the mugen setup?

Nickmpower said:
I have the mugen starter box and the OS rz v99 or something like that engine. I just put in a new piston and sleve so the starter box had to go through the stress of break in agian. The brushes simply wore out and they can't be replaced on these motors. I perfer pull start anyways. If anyone wants to buy the engine let me know.

looks like i will be goign with the picco unless someone has another suggestion. I also need new clutch shoes and springs. can anyone recomend something better then the mugen setup?
To sell anything on this site you need to meet the F/S Requirements. Please take a look at our F/S rules

As far as your problems. I like both actually for different purposes.