been out of the game for a while, what is the most beastly pull start engine!?!?!?!?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nickmpower said:
The brushes simply wore out and they can't be replaced on these motors.

I also need new clutch shoes and springs. can anyone recomend something better then the mugen setup?

these two statements are sort of puzzling....please don't take this the wrong way....but you are already using some of the best RC starting and clutch setups and you're having problems....maybe you should look at how you're using/tuning the stuff....you could be having problems with these things for many different reasons and replacingt hem w/ lesser items will just give you more frustrating results......

well i thought with the increased power i should upgrade the clutch.

and the starter box saw several years of use

Well, you dont NEED to upgrade the clutch. The main setup for the clutch bell is a 13t. I would run aluminum shoes. The starter box is fine, mine got runover, and is 3 years old and still works like a champ lmao. Always charge it the whole night before breaking it in, or something in that nature. You always want the most amount of power you can get. I would just try and break that sucker back in and tune it correctly. If you need help many of the members on here can help you.

As Jon2 stated above you won't be able to put a pullstart in that car. You won't just have to cut part of the engine mount I'm 99% sure the pull start sits too low to even clear the chassis. Instead of spending big bucks on an engine spend $50 and get a new motor for your starter box.

so i'll make a slot in the chassis. I HATE the whole starter box thing and there is no way i am going with out pull start. Not only that but i want more power then my 6 or more year old engine can provide

okay calm down here...we're just trying to help prevent a mistake.....there is a reason most people are telling you to keep the startbox......so you don't want to have the issues of a bump box right...well how does this sound...I go to use my pull starter and it snaps....or the one way bearing is shot.....or there is an airleak because the stupid plasitc housing has a crack in it....then there is the whole hacking your buggy to make it fit.....so you have a slot in the bottom of the chassis for this thing to stick out.....hmmmmm...well your buggy is designed to distribute all teh force of landing across the bottom of hte chassis....ANYTHING sticking out will get smashed first jump......we aren't trying to steer you away from the pull start because we think we're right...it's just this has been done to death by many others and they always go back to bump boxes.........
but if you really are set on a PITA modification then I'd say go w/ the Picco over the Racer's Edge.....

I agree....

I have had MANY (too many) pullstarts before, and i would hate to buy another car with one.... Theres nothing like a slipping pullstart, or completely shredding your fingers from pulling :D

Ditto what buggyracer and Plaid said. I know after going to starterbox setup, I am glad I made the switch. You can still start your rig with the starterbox if it has a pullstart if you insist on going that direction. :)