Battery Life & General query on using RC Cars

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karl Greenway

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I bought my son a Tamiya Rising Storm RC car a few years ago and we set it up to use soon after.. i was very surprised and disappointed by the very low use you get from the battery... We put it away and never used it again.. This weekend i got it back out to clean it up and post it on Ebay for sale as i thought we would never use it again.. I've just tested it, charged the battery and got it going in the garden.. Within a few minutes the controls became temperamental and i didn't really know what was happening, i suspect that the battery is out of charge.. I'm not very good at this... The big question is about the expectation around the battery and usage you get form a charge... Is this typical for RC cars or is there a technical issue with the car perhaps?...i'm not sure.. Anyway i want to sell it and am afraid that if i do sell it and it goes to a buyer that is as in the dark as me , i would feel guilty selling it.. For all i know this could be how it is with RC cars but i'm not sure.. the battery is a Powertech - 7.2v 2000MAH... Please help ...

even now adays your running older tech with that nimh battery thats a 1/10 scale buggy with a brushed motor. I remove that tamiya battery connector and get a Xt90. also Id get a lipo 2 cell battery along with a lipo charger and lipo bag.. readup on lipo safety,,and how to store a lipo for a longer time...the run time of 10 minutes on a nimh battery isnt all bad...Id also thing about putting a brushless sysytem in that buggy..a nice sensored 10.5Turn with a 80 amp esc would be great.. well you have what you have now.. its ok to sell to someone..Id stay away from ebay as they now offer a 1 year guarantee to the buyer if he gets buyers remorse or is just a bad buyer he will also get to keep your buggy

Thanks very much. Great advice. Where do you recommend I sell it

facebook. market place.. or craigslist ..meet in person a local police shop many have buy areas setup now in the USA