Battery charger

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User4082

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I recently bought a gensacearespammers NIMH 5000mAh 8.4V 42wh battery for my Arrma Fury. The battery has a Deans plug. What charger would anyone recommend for this battery?

I don't Know of any Deans plug chargers off the top of my head. I use a dynamite prophet sport for my traxxas 1/16 slash and the charger comes with an EC3 connector. I just use an EC3+traxxas adaptor. I bet you could get a deans plug adapter for whatever charger you need.

I would lean towards a charger that will charge both Nimh and Lipo. I'm sure you will eventually run Lipo in your car. There are all kinds of connectors available if you dont mind soldering. I like the Traxxas style plugs and use a Traxxas Nimh/Lipo 2s and 3s capable.

I recently bought a gensacearespammers NIMH 5000mAh 8.4V 42wh battery for my Arrma Fury. The battery has a Deans plug. What charger would anyone recommend for this battery?

I use the Hitec RDX1. I use it to charge my race batteries and it works great. It some with adaptors for all kinds of battery connections. It also balances your pack. I paid $63 for it. You can always purchase the DEANS connectors and solder them onto the leads of any other Lipo charger. The RDX1 also charges NiMH batteries.

You can buy whats called a squid in our hobby..its a 4 mm bullet connector that plugs into most aftermarket chargers....as for chargers Id take a look at the toolkit M8 has many options in a charger ,can also test many radios and all servos... then you will need a 12v power supply do some reading on this I'm all for making or moding a atx computer power supply. Its a easy task...a few parts and some soldering skills your good.. have a moded atx for almost 15 years I use every week..its best to condition a new nimh 1st then step up in amps you charge it at for best life cycle..

A1B3E45A-CED1-4703-BC2F-46C4D0A5DE24.jpeg

Do you guys think this will work?

Back