Bad ass new 1/24 crawler....but that price!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks interesting, but last I saw from one of the small scale guys on YT, those Super 8 axles weren't that great. Did they change the design?

Yeah, it's a sweet crawler. But....that pricetag! If you really want a belly crawler, (I do) look at Texoma RC. You can build your own for less. He did a comparison to his.

DEMENTOR <<<<<would love to have o e just for the performance, I already have a bunch of scale rigs so why not? Oh yeah, that's right , the price. :eek:
Wow, that has all the bells and whistles for some serious comp crawling.
The $800 pricetag is a bit of a reach for me.

Hmmm.
Looks like they took the fun of doing all the upgrades themselves. And, it comes with a decent transmitter, electronics + a hard case. Add it all up & the price isn’t that much of a reach. Right?

Hmmm.
Looks like they took the fun of doing all the upgrades themselves. And, it comes with a decent transmitter, electronics + a hard case. Add it all up & the price isn’t that much of a reach. Right?

True, but it's a shock to the system all at once vs. Spread out over time. And I did love that it all fits nicely in that case.

To each their own. I'd rather be the one to do the upgrading. It's part of the fun to me. That and, for the $, you can get a pretty nice 1/10 vanquish kit. But you do have a valid point. I'm sure a lot of the heavy modded scx24's I see likely have that much or more in them.

@Doom & @Mrgoodwrench35

I agree wholeheartedly with both of you.

About the box, though.
Harbor Freight pelican knock-off for the win?
AND you get the satisfaction of plucking the foam yourself.

Whenever I pluck foam, I end up having to put some back. 🤣

I was thinking about getting those for my tx's. :cool:
The Apache brand from Harbor Freight is awesome. Bought one years ago for my Spektrum DX6. And later used for the DX8. Did some testing of my own and now use them for some expensive camera gear. They've been through airports and fly in fishing trips. Nothing damaged. And half or less than the pelican brand. I'm very happy with them.

The Apache brand from Harbor Freight is awesome. Bought one years ago for my Spektrum DX6. And later used for the DX8. Did some testing of my own and now use them for some expensive camera gear. They've been through airports and fly in fishing trips. Nothing damaged. And half or less than the pelican brand. I'm very happy with them.
Nice! Good to know. I was hesitant because I was unsure of the quality but now I'll definately get one for the NB4. Thanks for the info.

I'm sure a lot of the heavy modded scx24's I see likely have that much or more in them.
I've got more than that wrapped up in Betty, but it was split up over 3 paychecks. I think the only things original on it are the chassis and the body. The only reason the chassis didn't get swapped is that it has the limited edition number printed on the frame rails. :)

20221102_171536.jpg
20221105_162735.jpg

Back