Back to basics!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Yesterday afternoon, I was going around the house taking care of the odds and ends before the impending work week got underway when I got an idea. I charged up some old 6 cell NiMh packs and got everything hooked up to my old Emaxx. I took that truck around and around the yard, with one of the biggest smiles on my face! I have had that emaxx for what seems like forever. After all that shelf sitting she fired right up and I had a blast running that truck around the yard. Just doing donuts and wheelies... man that takes me back. I love how plush the suspension is. It soaked up everything! Then my 4 year old came out and I let her take it for a spin while daddy steered. The first time she pulled the trigger... right on its roof it went. I simply told her to be easy... and she got it and drove the truck all around the driveway. Man that was fun and a memory I won't soon forget!

Aaaah the simple things in life. They seem to be the most important and least experienced by us all. Sometimes we all need to just take time to enjoy life instead of rush through it blindly and make more memories as you seem to have just spoken of. Kudos

I got to spend some quality time with my little girl who is growing up faster than I would like. It just sort of got me back to what the hobby was to me early on... just plain fun. Not that I don't have fun now, but the emaxx was just a simple ready to run that is not built for racing, and is fragile in some areas, but it is what got me into the hobby and it was nice just to go out and bash! I have a few rigs now, and most of them are purpose built for racing and not so much bashing around the back yard. The emaxx... it was built to go anywhere and I was having fun running around the track getting big air and then tearing off accross the yard! LOL I haven't had that much fun in a while. Its kind of funny I guess, when I think about the buggy I just built that was not exactly cheap... and how I look forward to racing it... but then I decided to go "low tech" so to speak and run the Emaxx yesterday afternoon instead.... I still have the smile on my face!

That's awesome indeed!

You got about 8 years before the "attitude" starts to rear it's ugly face in your daughter. Enjoy them while you can since it's another 3-4 years after that before it starts to go away. I'm still in the 3-4 year period. LOL

That's awesome indeed!

You got about 8 years before the "attitude" starts to rear it's ugly face in your daughter. Enjoy them while you can since it's another 3-4 years after that before it starts to go away. I'm still in the 3-4 year period. LOL

Yes... I have been warned about the teenage years! I get so busy in the day to day, get up go to work, come home fix dinner routine that I don't always just sit down and play with her, and this weekend I got the opportunity to do just that! We also played Candyland... by Megan rules of course!! Which were if I got to the castle first I got eaten by the monsters, and she won... and if she got to the castle first she won! LOL Priceless, and to boot she now wants her own RC!! My step son is not really interested in RC's... he is a computer wiz, which is wonderful... but I always was hoping he would take to RC's. It just didn't work out that way. Maybe my daughter will follow after the old man!

My 2 youngest come out and play with mine all of the time. I have beed thingking of getting them one of there own so I dont have to share

My 2 youngest come out and play with mine all of the time. I have beed thingking of getting them one of there own so I dont have to share

My father has an emaxx that is just sitting collecting dust on a shelf. He bought his when I bought mine and has only used it a couple of times.... I'm trying to see if he is willing to part with it. I could get it back in shape and my daughter would love it!

That's awesome Tom. Few things have given me the enjoyment of getting my nephew into RC last Christmas by buying him his first RC heli. The heli was his idea btw, not mine, he's just not as into cars.

It is definitely an awesome feeling when you see your kids eyes get big as saucers and watch them smile. Then of course she asked me if she could get her own. What stopped me from ordering her one on the spot... I do not know. It was like the first time she said da da... I wanted to run out and buy her a pony! LOL

To be honest its not as bad as they say. My daughter is 17 1/2 and is very close and open to mom and I (more mom) and as long as you treat them withthe respect that they give you you wont really get the "attatude" years. Dont get me wrong she does drive me nuts every once in a while but all in all shes a very respectful young woman because we raisded her to give the respect that she gets. The hardest part of it was the transition from daddys little girl to the young women they become

Pe
To be honest its not as bad as they say. My daughter is 17 1/2 and is very close and open to mom and I (more mom) and as long as you treat them withthe respect that they give you you wont really get the "attatude" years. Dont get me wrong she does drive me nuts every once in a while but all in all shes a very respectful young woman because we raisded her to give the respect that she gets. The hardest part of it was the transition from daddys little girl to the young women they become

Having face the fact that she is growing up is bad enough! Thinking of her as a young woman and not daddy's girl..is brutal. Though i do hope she grows up confident and independant. I hope that both my kids grow up that way.

Man I want a little one to play with, my 2 year old boy will come out and watch but the second I start tyhe nitro up he goes running lol.

He will learn that this hobby RULES!

Start buy him the cheap ones and he be out with you in two years crashing yours. My son did. Just go with the 2.4 radios, I went through a lot of antennas.

Then my 4 year old came out and I let her take it for a spin while daddy steered...

WOW. I can remember when you told us you guys where expecting a baby and it sure doesn't seem like that was four years ago.

Good times and awesome memories, sounds like you both had a lot of fun.

That is awesome man! And as I think about it I hope I can make memories like this one day. My daughter is a yr old. But boy is it fun. Watching her grow. Month ago she's crawling around. Now she's attempting to walk fast. Its a shock how fast they change. Make ya get up in the morning to do what you have to for them. I wouldn't change it for the world. I guess I'm gonna have to get the 12 ga. Down to start cleaning it lol

WOW. I can remember when you told us you guys where expecting a baby and it sure doesn't seem like that was four years ago.

I was just thinking the same thing! Glad to hear yall had some quality Daddy daughter rc time, I miss the times when my son was into rc's.

Good times and awesome memories, sounds like you both had a lot of fun.

I know right!! She is growing like a weed! I keep telling her to slow down, but of course she doesn't listen! LOL I'm just trying to enjoy every second I can.... because soon she will be off to college. It is times like this past weekend that remind me to slow down and enjoy life a bit more.

Pe

Having face the fact that she is growing up is bad enough! Thinking of her as a young woman and not daddy's girl..is brutal. Though i do hope she grows up confident and independant. I hope that both my kids grow up that way.

Its VERY brutal but raising her with that confidence and giving her the pointers and learned mistakes from us is all we can do. Its up to them at that point to become the good persons that we tried to raise them to be. Its funny how she will make the same stupid decisions about things that I did when her age and she fails just like I did. The old addage of "I told you so" comes to mind.

Its VERY brutal but raising her with that confidence and giving her the pointers and learned mistakes from us is all we can do. Its up to them at that point to become the good persons that we tried to raise them to be. Its funny how she will make the same stupid decisions about things that I did when her age and she fails just like I did. The old addage of "I told you so" comes to mind.

I'm know what you mean. I didn't always listen to my old man when I was a teenager. Almost everything he warned me about however, I would have been better off if I just listened. I'm sure my kids will make some of the same mistakes I did, and create a few new ones on their own. The hard part is stepping back and letting them make those mistakes that will be hard.

Back