Back in the game: Kyosho SC6 RTR or Team Associated PROSC10 RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRX1

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I'm looking to test the waters again in RC racing since it's been 25 years. I raced a Traxxas TRX-1 in the 90s and have started to think about getting back into it.

I'm looking at a couple RTRs to get me going. If I decide to stick with it I can either upgrade or get a kit later on.

I'm looking at the Kyosho SC6 and the TA ProSC10 RTRs. They kyosho looks to have better shocks and chasis but the Team Associated always gets good reviews. So, any suggestions on which to get?

I'm looking to test the waters again in RC racing since it's been 25 years. I raced a Traxxas TRX-1 in the 90s and have started to think about getting back into it.

I'm looking at a couple RTRs to get me going. If I decide to stick with it I can either upgrade or get a kit later on.

I'm looking at the Kyosho SC6 and the TA ProSC10 RTRs. They kyosho looks to have better shocks and chasis but the Team Associated always gets good reviews. So, any suggestions on which to get?
both are good trucks but i personally like the Team associated even tho i race Stadium trucks, all tho the kyosho seems to have better shocks and chassis, its a matter of opinion you can always upgrade latter on. but if i were you i would get the Team Associated ProSc10

All depends what you are racing on. I'm a Team Associated fan, and I'd tell you go with the ProSC10 if running on medium-low grip tracks. On the other hand, the SC6 Readyset is mid motor layout for high grip tracks. The gimmicky Orion speed control incorporated into the motor is cool, but having separate components would put my mind at ease.

If seriously getting in to racing, just get one of the latest kits to assemble and put in what electronics you want. It is a greater initial cost, but in the long run, a person will generally save money. I'm not a fan of RTR electronics as they normally give you very basic specs and will get upgrade/replaced in a short period of time once the addiction kicks in. Maybe a used short course truck roller? That option, you could pursue at getting a great "racer" at a moderate cost.

However you look at it, there is always a pros, and cons to everything. Just get something, and enjoy the great hobby...again :thumbs-up:.

I was in the same boat 6 months ago. Got back into after awhile and got the prosc10. Great truck, great upgrades. Just wish I didn’t get the charger and battery kit they sell online. The charger sucks and the battery is small for the price. Great truck though. Had to change the wheel bearings already, but it’s a RTR what do you expect. No regrets so far!

Back