B or T...which to get

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagefan04

Hardcore RCTalk User
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
well guys, since the crawler thing didnt work for me (i'll be selling my crawler shortly) I figure i give 1/5th scale a shot.

i want to take advantage of the HPI rebate program so i need to act quickly.

Which Baja is 'better', the 5b or the 5T? are the part interchangeable, how easy is it to work on the 5b compared to the 5t or vice versa. do i need any special 'optional' running gear for it or is like the savage and a tough rig out of the box.

i know the price is differnent, but what else is...

thanks
gabe

the 5t is the 5bss with different body mounts, and a different body and bigger front tires...........

so everything is a direct match up? if that is the case why arent more people buying the conversiob kit and a used 5bss?

Last edited:
basically, there are some specift T items. but the T tends to handle jumps a tad better. not sure if its a slight change in the shocks or setup? (doubt but anythings possible) or if its the body acting as a parachute giving some better inflight chareteristics.

they are ll great units, but the T does have a few upgrades over even the SS like the Steering servo and arm, larger exhaust can, as well as the truck stuff.

I think the T is just FN BadA. I've never had the urge to buy a 5b but it has crossed my mind to pick up a T. Too big for my area though.

Really depends on if you want to put yours together or have it pre-built. If you want to build it then get the Baja 5b SS, if you want it all put together for you then get the Baja 5t. Minus the body and wheels there is very little difference between them, which is sad as I was hoping for a 4x4 large scale.

Personally I like my 5b but it really does just depend on your opinion. I went for the 5b SS because I wanted to build it and it was priced a lot less but you may be of a different mind. Either way, they are both excellent vehicles.

thanks fellas. i appreaciate the feedback. i just found out there is a track near me that will cater to 5th scale but the large majority of people their run 5b's. i'm thinking its going to come down to a coin flip. :)

Back