Axial SCX24 V2?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubblebike

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
Does anyone know about Version 2 of the SCX24s? I've seen a V2 of the Jeeps for sale a couple of places and a mention on a YouTube vid. It has an updated controller and ESC. I'm wondering if there's any info out there about when a V2 of the Deadbolt might be coming out. Anybody have info? Thanks!

Just saw a new ESC/Reciever combo pop up on Horizon. It is the new board for the SCX24 and is labeled HRZ00015. The cars equipped with it have a 4 channel radio.

One thing to note, if you plan on using a Furitek ESC, they DO NOT work with this new combo board.

I bet this is extremely frustrating for Furitek, who are just now releasing pro versions of their ESC's. But sadly, non of them will work with these new combo boards from Horizon.
Screenshot_20220122-151602_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Can't you just add your own receiver to the Furitek esc and do away the the horizon combo all together?

Can't you just add your own receiver to the Furitek esc and do away the the horizon combo all together?
Yes. But the Furitek is also designed to plug into the stock Rx, so you can use the stock Tx

I've been collecting an awful lot of transmitters lately, I picked up a Radiolink, so I can combine some of these to one transmitter and eliminate some clutter. Think I might add the SCX24's too. If I do that the upgraded V2 won't really have much to offer for me.

I've been collecting an awful lot of transmitters lately, I picked up a Radiolink, so I can combine some of these to one transmitter and eliminate some clutter. Think I might add the SCX24's too. If I do that the upgraded V2 won't really have much to offer for me.
The only reason I want to stay with the stock controller is my table is designed to hold one under each truck 😜 They are nice controllers though.

In one of the YouTube videos where the V2 is mentioned, it's demonstrated that the V2 is noticeably quieter (at low speed at least) than a V1. Do y'all have any guesses what's up with that?

Different ESC, different noises. It might just be the switching frequency of the transistors (some ESCs have that as a programming option).

In one of the YouTube videos where the V2 is mentioned, it's demonstrated that the V2 is noticeably quieter (at low speed at least) than a V1. Do y'all have any guesses what's up with that?
Really? I didn't even know there's a SCX24 "noise" issue. These people must have seriously sensitive hearing. You want loud, annoying running noise, try an FMS or EazyRC rig. Lol
Personally, the stock SCX24 esc works just fine for me, I certainly don't see a reason or feel a need to spend money, just to get the V2. I suppose I would, if I wanted to run more lights and a winch.

I don't know that I'd call it "noisy" but there's a slight whine that's not there with the V2.

I don't know that I'd call it "noisy" but there's a slight whine that's not there with the V2.
Everybody has different sensitivity to sound, but like I said, people who are complaining, about the SCX24, are certainly in the very sensitive side of things.
I have a lot of electric rc vehicles, in most scales, and I can't think of as single one that doesn't have, at the very least, a slight whine. Whether it be from the motor, esc, or gears. Personally, I would probably find it rather uncomfortable to run any rc vehicle that's dead silent.

@Xraycer You guys weren't kidding about how loud the FMS Atlas is, my SCX24's are like freakin' ninjas in comparison. 🤣
Shoot. That's what I'm naming my next SCX24 build. NINJA! 🤺

Just saw a new ESC/Reciever combo pop up on Horizon. It is the new board for the SCX24 and is labeled HRZ00015. The cars equipped with it have a 4 channel radio.

One thing to note, if you plan on using a Furitek ESC, they DO NOT work with this new combo board.

I bet this is extremely frustrating for Furitek, who are just now releasing pro versions of their ESC's. But sadly, non of them will work with these new combo boards from Horizon.
View attachment 140832
Huh... I have absolutely no need for it as I have only driven my SCX24 4 or 5 times in the 2-3 years I've had it... but now I want that so I can use my spektrum radio with it to have it sit on the shelf! LOL! Didn't even know there was such a thing.

I suppose I could have done that at any point really... but the brushed/brushless both in one device is nice.

Back