Axial scx24 help with battery

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seth

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
I was wondering if I could change the Reaction 350mah 2s Lipo battery connector to a Deans Plug so I could charge with my Traxxas Ez-Peak Plus charger with my Traxxas Adapter. And if so, how? I was wondering only because it has a Red, Black and Blue wire is it possible?! Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• 3C139BE8-8E34-42FB-8360-F82D11E382A1.jpeg
    3C139BE8-8E34-42FB-8360-F82D11E382A1.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 245
So you just took it off?
No, you need it for lipo batteries with more than one cell.
In my picture, you’ll se that I used the connectors to make a charge lead that plugs directly into my charger as well as an adapter to work with my Deans charging lead. This allows me to charge the battery through the wire that plugs into the esc of the truck and plug the balance plug into the balance port.

7C74C3CA-18E0-4145-902C-1EB6D4F74DF4.jpeg

No, you need it for lipo batteries with more than one cell.
In my picture, you’ll se that I used the connectors to make a charge lead that plugs directly into my charger as well as an adapter to work with my Deans charging lead. This allows me to charge the battery through the wire that plugs into the esc of the truck and plug the balance plug into the balance port.

View attachment 126087
Thanks a lot for the help man. What is these male plugs called for the adapter?

Thanks a lot for the help man. What is these male plugs called for the adapter?
JST PH 2.0

I posted a link (in my first reply) to the ones I got from Amazon.

3 wire plug goes into balance port on charger the red n black wire power your rc . you can change the plug to a deans micro or even a deans if you have the room also you gotta have a little extra esc or main board wires to solder new plug on .do not cut off the 3 wire plug heat shrink on all wires 1st b4 soldering. solder then slide heat shrink tube over soldered location

I don't think you can drop the amperage enough on a traxxas charger to charge that small of a pack. 1C is .35A for a 350mah pack. The ez-peak plus only drops to 1amp, which is almost 3C charge rate for a 350mah pack.

So, while you can get adapters to make it work with that charger, the charger itself will likely damage the lipo.

That said, I use a charger like this to charge mine... which is probably worse since it's 1.6A:
https://www.amazon.com/YoungRC-Charger-11-1V-Battery-Balance/dp/B07XD8VYKM

So far, my small 300-450mah powerhobby and nano-tech packs seem ok after a couple years of using it. Just keep a close eye on your pack while charging.

Last edited: