Axial SCX24 Deadbolt of Doom!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doom!

Team Dust Devil
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
First of all, this is my second SCX24 Deadbolt. I bought this one, so I would have something to play with, while I mod my first one. So, what's the first thing I do? That's right, I start modding this one too! :eek: Now to be fair this is only about a 10 minute mod! 🤣

▪Step 1 - remove the wheels from the crawler.
IMG_20210424_181630120.jpg

▪Step 2 - remove old hex....pulls straight off.
IMG_20210424_182233188.jpg

▪Step 3 - remove pin from axle shaft
IMG_20210424_182224563.jpg

▪Step 4 - slide washer onto axle and snug next to bearings. This little bugger kept sticking to my fingers so I had to use pliers to put it on.
IMG_20210424_183738921.jpg

▪Step 5 - replace pin into axle shaft and slide tire into alignment with pin. ☆ photo looks just like step 3 except your putting g it back instead of taking it out, so I skipped the extra photo.

▪Step 6 - place wheel weight in rim.
IMG_20210424_182039353.jpg

STEP 7 - Align the tire with the locking pin on the axle, bolt the tire back on and your ready to roll.
IMG_20210424_184244604.jpg

☆ Bonus pic. Did I mention these parts are tiny? Do not even think about sneezing! 🤣
IMG_20210424_182703966.jpg

Not sure what the silver screws are for, no instructions with the set, best I can tell is the set might work for different kits and may be needed there.
If you have read this far, you are either really stubborn, or really bored, but thank you for taking a look! :)

Pardon my ignorance, but what are these for?
Because these little trucks are so lightweight, they can be a little top heavy, it helps keep the center of gravity lower which helps with balance and traction.

Because these little trucks are so lightweight, they can be a little top heavy, it helps keep the center of gravity lower which helps with balance and traction.
Cheers that makes perfect sense!

Awesome thread and very clear pics! Great job! :thumbs-up: May consider getting an SCX24 sometime in the future.

They are fun, don't need a lot of space, and are easy to transport. Great vacation rig! ;)

Back