Axial Hi-Clearance links

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WoodiE

Kind of good admin
Administrator
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Now available for the Axial AX-10 Scorpion are Axial Hi-clearance links. The Axial Hi-Clearance links are machined from heavy duty aluminum that add increased ground clearance and strength. The Axial...

Click to continue

damn, those are nice links, I'm gonna have to get some of those.

I just wish the whole thing was aluminum, instead of the black plastic ends.

The are nice but my LHS has sets of 4 high links made of stainless steel for the same price.....

those are ssswwweeeettttt. iam definitly gonna get some of those

I don't like them at all, but it's just because I don't like they look. I guess I'm just too old school. It doesn't seem like they'd glide over the rocks as well to me either.

i like them, i think that they would go over the rocks fine becuase they are aluminum, and it slides fairly well..but i think its just a looks issue, trying to make money where they can....

I still like the Stainless ones that I can get.....if I break or bend those...I have other problems.

I'm glad to see them producing stuff like this, it means the company is concerned about releasing new products and supporting what they have. The problem is that aluminum already doesn't slid over the rocks very well compared to delrin, and the way they are shaped seems like it wouldn't help. It might not matter for some people, but for those concerned with performance I think it could be an issue. It's about impossible to bend or break the regular high clearance links, so I think this is more cosmetic than anything else. When I saw them last month I was thinking they might grow on me, but apparently they haven't. One other thing, the last batch of regular high clearance links that they sold was manufactured too long, and put the wheelbase beyond 12.5 inches. Axial corrected the problem and these are shorter.

Last edited:
I agree with Charlie. They are too big and square, which is potentially a hang-up point. Thos cranked ball joint ends at the front look rather dodgy as well, like they might snap in a frontal impact (like falling nose first off a big rock, or tumbling end over), because the stress would not be spread down the link, rather it would compress the angled ball link and snap it behind the ball joint.

They do look pretty though, kinda VF style :)

Just my 2p

Last edited:
Back