Axial Capra 4ws

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mtbmatty

RCTalk Talkaholic
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Flying
Anyone have one, or have any experience with one?? Been watching a bunch of. crawler videos and this Looks like a fun rig!!
Thinking I might like to start with this rtr and upgrade as needed. Biggest downfall I see is the electronics are cramped and you need to remove 8 screws to remove the body for access.

So let’s here it folks. Tell us about your Capras…..

Probably my favorite crawler I have. And that’s above my vanquish and trx4. Don’t need to access the electronics after it’s set. Battery goes in the front.

I drove one last fall. It was straight out of the box and not mine. It was pretty nice .
Tires needed break in. It was able to wheel speed up one of the tougher climbs.

Probably my favorite crawler I have. And that’s above my vanquish and trx4. Don’t need to access the electronics after it’s set. Battery goes in the front.
Good point. Do you also have the 4ws?? Stock or have you upgraded?
I drove one last fall. It was straight out of the box and not mine. It was pretty nice .
Tires needed break in. It was able to wheel speed up one of the tougher climbs.
I’ve checked out your build using the Capra axles, that things gonna be sweeeeet!!

Anyone have one, or have any experience with one?? Been watching a bunch of. crawler videos and this Looks like a fun rig!!
Thinking I might like to start with this rtr and upgrade as needed. Biggest downfall I see is the electronics are cramped and you need to remove 8 screws to remove the body for access.

So let’s here it folks. Tell us about your Capras…..
Just got one today. If you get one check it over closely, had a leaking shock on mine, cap was loose, NO grease in portal axles! I will be checking the transmission as well. Besides that it is a beast out of the box. 4WS opens up more maneuverability. Wiring is a rats nest you will need to tidy up. Look for bent rims as well. If you have a 4 channel transmitter and a micro servo you can enable the dig functionality in the transmission.

I built mine from a kit. It has a Vader flat skid with a Fusion 1800kv with 9tooth pinion. Also has a pair of green Holmes Hobbies SHV500LP. Running it all with a FlySky FS-GT5. Some brass portal covers and Pro-Line 1.9Boggers with Crazy Crawler foams. It's a blast to take out and rock crawl or run through the woods with.

20220714_211910.jpg

Back