Axial AX-10

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinehyperlite

Original RCNT Nutswinger
Supporter
Police
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
If i were to purchase this kit, what would i need, that doesn't come with the kit?
Or if anyone knows of another beginner crawler kit to try............

You'd need a battery pack, steering servo, motor, speed control, transmitter and receiver. That's just the hardware. You'll need some paint for the body as well. You could always go with the RTR version. You lose some niceties of the kit version but its a lot cheaper.

Yeap, Lessen did a good job covering what you would need. The kit comes with a lot of aluminum parts and hop ups to make it stronger and it looks a lot better, but the RTR is a really nice rig that is plenty strong enough, and it comes with everything. Evevryone says that the electronics in the RTR will be the first thing you replace though. You can buy the kit for around $220 shipeed. East End Machining has the best prices I've found because with the free shipping it's about the same as the one on ebay thats a lil less. Joe at east end machining also carries a lot of crawler parts like the motors and electronics, and I'm sure he would give you a nice discount if you bought all your stuff from him.

Here's a link to his axial stuff. I'm sure he can give you a great deal on the RTR as well. He's giving special pricing to RCNT members, and it really adds up. He's got customer service like no other, so much so that I try to buy every part from him even if it's not on his site, he orders special items for me all the time.

http://eastendmachining.com/axschopupand.html

I just looked on your boys's site (East end machining) and i can't find a rtr version of the truck on it. Am gona do the RTR because dont know exactly how much I'm going to like crawling, and dont feel like throwing down that much for a kit yet, well with all the other crap imma have to buy.

just email him, he will let you know what kind of deal he can give you, and will help you with anything...

AH. Found one locally for same price. Will deff be hitting him up for all my upgrade parts. Just have to decide if i really wana spend the money on the rtr version. Has anyone here tried it?

Could the stock electronics from an electric rustler, (Motor, ESC, Reciever) be compatable with the AX-10 KIT?

Yeap they're compatible. If I were you, I would probably buy the stock motor and ESC, and put that in, and then save your money for a Novak Goat Crawler brushless setup. I absolutely love mine. I think you'll spend about 50 bucks on a stock ESC and motor. I have replaced the aluminum links from my kit with upgraded aftermarket links, and some other parts that I will be selling cheap. If you like at my axial build, just look at all the green aluminum parts, and imagine them being plastic, and that's what the RTR looks like. I'll take a pic soon, so if you're interested shoot me a PM.

what stock motor and esc? like from what? Would i want a higher turn motor for the crawler build?

yeap, for the crawler you will ideally want something in a 50 to 65 turn range for crawling, I would go with 55 turns. I thought you were asking about the stock motor and ESC from the RTR axial. It will get you by for crawling, but it's not really a very good motor for crawling. I would get an inexpensive ESC, around 20 bucks, and get the integy 55 turn motor or something similar for 30 bucks. The kit is SOOOOO much better than the RTR if you're going to want to crawl. If you can find a Novak super rooster used on ebay, they seem to work GREAT on the crawlers, but there's tons of ESC's that you can use with such a high turn motor. I've got an LRP that is waterprof that came on my Race Spec RC10 T4 that I may use on one of my projects. Any RTR radio system and receiver will work on the axial. You can use the same transmitter that you use for your other stuff and just pick up an extra receiver.

I have decided to wait till next weekend to go pick it up. I just realized that i have all of my neighbors well x-neighbor's furnature in my house while she is looking for a new place to move. soooo nowhere to work on this thing, and if i get it, i will for sure open the box and lose crap. SOOOOOOO I'm just going to get the brushless setup and kit and all that stuff together next friday.

+ it will give me a chance to set up a crawling area at my apartment.

You wouldn't believe how much this thing can be in the house with artificial obstacles.

hey charlie, i may be interested in some of those stock aluminum parts, i hope to be ordering mine asap...

Back