AX-10 Bent Links

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAVAGE_BASHER_K4.6

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
hey everyone. this might be a really stupid question but right now iam totally confused on how the bent links aresupposed to be installed on my ax-10 crawler. please help me post pics to if possible.

Thanks alot everyone

Savage_BASHER_K4.6

They will go just like they are in that picture, but the links mount on the outside of the chassis if you haven't done a stage 2 modification yet.

Thanks chuck, didnt notice that.

awesome thanks alot guys thats just the way i put them. what does the stage 2 kit do?
do you gain alot by putting on 4 of these bent links in stead of just 2 like in the picture?

Yes, you gain a lot of clearance, without raising the center of gravity. It really makes a big difference. The stage 2 kit moves the bent links inside of the chassis. When they're on the outside, they protrude from the chassis along with the bolts, and they hang up on everything that they come in contact with. With the links inside the chassis and button head or counter sunk screws, you just glide past those rocks or obstacles that would normally hang up.

cool. so it is a good thing that i got all 4 instead of just 2 right?

Yeap definitely a good thing. You're talking about something that will make a lot of difference for a small bit of money.

yes they were very cheap. i also have noticed the these rock lizards arent very sticky what tires a better for crawling?

One of the most popular now, Are the Losi Rock Claws. Losi is soon to release a new tire called the Rock Carver, that looks real promising also. I'm going to try them as soon as they're available.

I was at a comp today with some serious contenders, and everyone who was running the panther tires and hammers, were saying that they were going back to the rock claws.

you were at a comp too?

That's crazy, it's a small world.

Oh yea, you couldnt have missed me. I was in the tree throwing poop at yall with my monkey pals.

Ahhh, I thought it was weird that someone was throwing us candy bars.

and they tasted funny too!

Lets just say watching the guys bash the ever living hell out of their brand new Slashes was the highlight of the day.

And i have sunburn on my head.

It was great, but I don't want to jack this thread. I will be starting a thread shortly with out pictures and some video. The Slash Demo Derby was something to see!

lol you guys are great. so the losi rock claws is were its at huh.

do they bolt right up with the stock ax-10 beadlocks?

Back