$aving $ For My Next $Moneyhole$

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa_dude

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Crawling
  2. Flying
Slowly building my scx24 and happy with it so far. I'm hoping one day to be confident enough to run at my local Hobby Town course with a lot of other people and get into some competition's and see what she can really do. But on another level, I want to start looking at 1/10 crawlers and see what's out there and start saving $ for the next chapter. What's a good, better, best place to start and end? "multi capable" if you will. I was actually going to buy a redcat gen 8 scout before I seen the scx24. My friend says to stay to stay with Axial, or Traxxas, and recommends specifically an scx10iii and go from there. Thanks.

I have all 3, and I love all 3! All 3 are good crawlers, but the TRX4 is the smoothest and best engineered. Honestly, I don't feel you can go wrong with any of these.
0615211729a.jpg

All of my 1/10 scale are pretty much based off of the scx10 platform, but custom built. I do have an Everest 10 stock, and a Gen 7 with all the bells and whistles. The Everest 10 is the wife's rig and she really likes it. She just stays on the easy trails with it though.

I'm a rebel and love my Element crawlers.
PSX_20210911_110607.jpg

I have to agree, with @Xraycer , it's hard to go wrong with any of the major brands, they all have thier own little quirks but nothing bad enough to avoid them. Pick what YOU like, and enjoy it.

Last edited:
Brand with the most aftermarket support/options? Ground up build

I'm a rebel and love my Element crawlers.
View attachment 141477

I have to agree, with @Xraycer , it's hard to go wrong with any of the major brands, they all have thier own little quirks but nothing bad enough to avoid them. Pick what YOU like, and enjoy it.
As you should bro, that's a great looking rig.

I've previously ran an Axial SCX10ii Trail Honcho where the only swaps have been wheels and tires (cheap Amazon beadlocks and inexpensive duratrax c3 compound crawler tires) and it has done every line the rest of the guys with somewhat modified and more expensive rigs could do in our local test trail. In terms of bang for the buck, that is hard to beat. Additionally, the general consensus locally is the scx10iii is worse than the ii.

Best multi use platform or crawler specific is the trx4. Great for trail and out doors, seen them run tracks, best crawler to date if set up properly. Not sure if you do the jamborees or not.

As far as comps go truck set up is minimal compared to driver experience. Just because it can climb and side wheel everything has nothing to do with you putting it between the gates. You have to anticipate weight shift, traction, gravity, and torque. And if you run a wider base, your out before it even starts. So lcg and narrow is the ticket.

Last edited:
Back