audio help/ forum

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitrost

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
is there any good forums out there that have some info about putting speaker in a truck. i was going to put some 6 1/2s in them but I'm not sure if i want to slice my truck doors. i was thinking bout getting 2 6x9 boxes behind the seats but not sure about it either. other than that I'm not sure what the best on the market now for speakers.

What are you looking to go just get louder clean sound or get some bass? If you are looking for some bass a freind of mine had some 8" woofers in truck boxes in his MR2 and they thumped pretty nice.. I think they were MTX

loud, clean, some bass. like to put subs. might with 8s but aint much room cause you got the gas tank right behind you.

you can always fiberglass some kick pods if ya dont want to cut in the doors. (I think the doors are going to be 6 1/2's anyway. Also if ya have bucket seats you can always fiberglass a subwoofer in between the seats. I wouldnt suggest a 8". Might as well get a 10" since they have the same depthe most the time anyway, and youll get alot cleaner and lower bass. (In my s-10 I had 8's in the doors running as mids. Thats the best thing there for IMO)

4u2nv said:
you can always fiberglass some kick pods if ya dont want to cut in the doors. (I think the doors are going to be 6 1/2's anyway. Also if ya have bucket seats you can always fiberglass a subwoofer in between the seats. I wouldnt suggest a 8". Might as well get a 10" since they have the same depthe most the time anyway, and youll get alot cleaner and lower bass. (In my s-10 I had 8's in the doors running as mids. Thats the best thing there for IMO)

not catching wat your throughin. about the fiberglass and doors. is there any where to get pics. dont really understand. electronics. I'm more of a motor put it together.lol

well if your truck set up like i think it is it has a bench seat right??

if it does there are 2 little side pockets on either side why dont you just get some 6x9s or some 4x6's and put them their

i think i made a mistake by putting them in my doors too many people and things hit my speakers only been throu one set so its not too bad

but thats what i would have done if i didnt want to cut into my doors

If your sitting in your truck in the passanger side, by your feet (On the right) theres a spot right there (By the vent) that alot of people will make a kick pod (Kinda fills in the corner with a speaker). (Your driver side too)Alot of people have these and some are made from fiberglass. If ya do a search for them on google, I'm sure youd be able to find pretty detailed instructions how to build them. (Google "Kick Pods") Alot of people will do this in collector cars so they can swap back to stock quickly if needed. As for your center, if ya have buckets, Id build a speaker box so it sits in between the buckets and have a 10" woofer in the center. Or if ya wanna get fantsy ya could fiberglass it all the way from the rear to the dash and mold in some cup holders!

www.caraudioforums.com try them,I've looked on there for awhile and they seem to know what there talking about,ST if really want a good system in your truck,take the gas tank out,and mount it under the bed,that's what I'm doing to my dad's f-100,give's me enough room to put 2 12's and a high watt amp.

it does have buckets. i kinda like the kick pod idea for now. gonna see what i can do!