Associated SC10.3 2wd Truck turnbuckles/ball cups - aftermarket availability/compatibility?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MX372

RC Newbie
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Hello all,

I recently picked up a used RC10.3 2wd truck on the cheap (based on my research, that is what I believe it to be), and I'll be ordering some parts to fix it up.

I've given it a good look, and quite a bit of what I need I've found multiple places, but the parts I need that I'm having trouble finding are:

Ball cups for the turnbuckles (discontinued apparently - but turnbuckles are still available) - is the ASC91469 kit compatible??

Hardware pack (all the screws, pins, etc. - or at least, most of them)? I see some generic packs on Amazon, but not sure if those are gonna have what I really want. I can piece them together by ordering individually, but a pack that has everything would be super-useful.

Good source for quality tires/wheels?

How about upgraded/performance parts - any recommendations on where to find them?

Thanks!

on almost any of my rc I drive hard I have always swapped out ball studs. links and cup. shop around/

Iirc Rpm 440 rod ends fit.

Team KnK has screws for a lot of models, they won't ha e proprietary hardware like the hinge pins, wheel pins ect.

Rpm used to make a few bits for the RC10 platform but other than that not much was available.

Thank you gentlemen! I shall investigate those

Hello all,

I recently picked up a used RC10.3 2wd truck on the cheap (based on my research, that is what I believe it to be), and I'll be ordering some parts to fix it up.

I've given it a good look, and quite a bit of what I need I've found multiple places, but the parts I need that I'm having trouble finding are:

Ball cups for the turnbuckles (discontinued apparently - but turnbuckles are still available) - is the ASC91469 kit compatible??

Hardware pack (all the screws, pins, etc. - or at least, most of them)? I see some generic packs on Amazon, but not sure if those are gonna have what I really want. I can piece them together by ordering individually, but a pack that has everything would be super-useful.

Good source for quality tires/wheels?

How about upgraded/performance parts - any recommendations on where to find them?

Thanks!
Those 91469 ball cups are for the larger 5.5mm ball studs w/metric threads used on Associated platforms made after the "4 series" (B4/T4/SC10) rides. Having said that, I have changed out a few of the ball studs, in strategic area, on most of my SC10/T4 platforms using the slightly larger 5.5mm ball studs and 91469 rod ends. The rear end on SC10/T4 platforms started snapping ball studs when higher traction tracks came into play.
20200925_174717.jpg

People began to seek out the SC10 4x4 HD ball studs/rod ends to use on their rides. Pictured below is HD ball studs and 91469 rod ends installed on one of my SC10 rides...
20200926_070127.jpg
20201025_130857.jpg
20200925_205827.jpg

I don't know if you have the manuals for any of the SC10 platforms. If not, I'd highly suggest downloading the SC10.2FT manual, and the SC10.3 manual. The SC10.2FT manual will show all of the aluminum Factory Team "blue bits", and Factory Team goodies that you could upgrade to. I ain't going to lie to you, some parts are going to be hard to find.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and pics. I have the 10.3 manual (I downloaded it). I'll DL the 10.2FT as well.

So, I can upgrade the ball studs and ends, and still use the original turnbuckles then?

Back