Arrows 50mm BAE Hawk

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fluffyninja

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum , just wondered if anyone had any ideas on my problem ?

After building and connecting up everything as I thought I should I can get proper throttle and aileron control but the only movement I can get on the elevators is down from the central position not up so the A/C wouldn't be able to climb.

A/C is a BAE Arrows 50mm Hawk with spektrum DXS transmitter , thanks.

Do you have a servo tester? Can you pop a video on YT?

And welcome to the forum! Tagging a couple aircraft guys for ya...
@GBLynden @Doom!

Oops sorry
Oh, that's ok. You just might get a little more specialized help in there. It does sound like an electronic problem, but maybe it is a mechanical issue with the plane. When you get a vid up, will be easier to tell.

You can see I have working throttle and ailerons but the elevator is set in the down position and will only move to level then back to the down position , thanks in advance.

Ok, can you adjust the endpoints on that servo? Do a YT search for endpoint adjustments on that plane.
Can you get to the servo for the elevator? If so, can you manually rotate it so the flaps go up? If it moves ok both directions manually ok, then it will likely be in the servo setup in the Tx.

Oh wait... when you turn the radio on, the elevator is in the down position? If so, take the horn off the servo. Turn the radio and plane's ESC on, then put the horn back on so the elevator is centered.

All radio systems should have a way to set the endpoints on a servo. After centering the horn, you will want to set the endpoints on your servos. If you don't, your servos might be trying to turn past the mechanical limits of the linkages of the flaps/elevator. This can damage your servos eventually.

What radio do you have there? I can lookup the instructions for setting your endpoints.

Last edited:
Nothing comes up:thumbs-down: endpoints are a bit beyond me I've never heard of them.

Do model shops near you set up planes ? Near me it's very much they sell you it
and let you get on with it and expect everyone to know what they're doing and
be an expert straight away , I asked one shop but they weren't interested.

I watched a video on this plane. Is it one you put together yourself?
When @Doom! gets home from work, maybe he can help you. I am pretty sure he has an Arrows, maybe even the same one as you. Maybe he can help you with the radio stuff.

Last edited:
Take the servo horn off, center the trim on your radio, plug in the battery in on your plane. re attach the servo horn. then re-bind your plane. This should take care of your problem.

By the way, welcome to the group. :)

Last edited:
OK thank you
I watched a video on this plane. Is it one you put together yourself?
When @Doom! gets home from work, maybe he can help you. I am pretty sure he has an Arrows, maybe even the same one as you. Maybe he can help you with the radio stuff.
Well yes you screw the wings on with 4 screws and foam tac the tail piece on , pretty simple even for me !
Take the servo horn off, center the trim on your radio, plug in the battery in on your plane. re attach the servo horn. then re-bind your plane. This should take care of your problem.

By the way, welcome to the group. :)
Still nothing even after doing that , it's set in the half down position , moves to level and not past there

Last edited:
Here is another video , engine works fine blew the phone over !

Hmmmm, don't suppose you have an extra servo you could test in it.

Going to have to think about this, If I come up with something I'll let you know.

Hmmmm, don't suppose you have an extra servo you could test in it.

Going to have to think about this, If I come up with something I'll let you know.

Spares of most things but not servo sorry ! Thanks again
Another video showing the servo horn , pushroad and them operating

Spares of most things but not servo sorry ! Thanks again
Another video showing the servo horn , pushroad and them operating
Ok, take the screw loose on the collar on the elevator linkage. Turn everything on and let the servo center. Then center the elevator. Maybe use a couple small strips of masking tape on the flaps. Tighten the screw on the linkage.

Your servo horn appears to be running into the foam at the back of that pocket too. You really need to remove the servo horn and rotate it perpendicular to the axis of the fuselage, so it doesn't travel so far backwards. Because it also looks like you are running out of travel.

Once the horn and linkage get closer to being inline with each other as the horn rotates back, the linkage is moving more side to side than it is backwards and forwards. So your horn is rotated too far back.

But we need to figure out how to set your endpoints before we go any further.

What radio do you have?

Wow I've just seen your reply and I can't believe all those things are not set in the right position when it comes out of the factory !

Lots of work to do.

I have downloaded that app and maybe if you have any free time tomorrow I can have a go would appreciate any help but think my brain is too fried to try and get my head around it tonight I've been playing with planes far too long today.
So much for build , connect up & ready to fly :rolleyes:

@Doom! - do you know anything about the radio for this plane?
Don't know what radio he is using. Looks like you are right about the servo horn not being in the right position. I would also tape the wires to the side of the fuselage to keep them from interfering with the servo while in flight.

Almost looks like you could flip the servo position and reverse the servo on the radio to give you more room.

Back