Arrma Infraction V2 Rear Suspension Mount

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benlenett

RC Newbie
Reaction score
So on my first run my rear suspension arm snapped in half. I disconnected all the suspension components from what was left of the suspension arm so I could replace the suspension arm, but I’m stuck on what I believe to be the rear suspension mount that holds the “hinge pin” that keeps the suspension arm mounted to the frame. How do I remove this thing?
The problem I’m having is that it appears to not only be fixed to the hinge pins of the suspension, but also to the BOTTOM of the frame with a little block that comes down through the bottom of the chassis, making it almost impossible to pry any direction since its mounted in a way that prevents movement from just about every axis (yes I have removed the two screws that appear to keep it in place)

If this isn’t even how you remove the suspension arm of theres an easier way let me know, I’m a total noob so I don’t really know what I’m doing

Attachments

• C5FC00E7-FCC0-43B9-921E-484C92668E5F.jpeg
    C5FC00E7-FCC0-43B9-921E-484C92668E5F.jpeg
    365.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 176157B6-2B42-400A-91CE-FD0FF7F89659.jpeg
    176157B6-2B42-400A-91CE-FD0FF7F89659.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 60
  • AD40BCF4-37BA-4C50-A898-24C6D4C86148.jpeg
    AD40BCF4-37BA-4C50-A898-24C6D4C86148.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 67
every now and then you need to apply a small amount of pressure. A popsicle stick or a shiskabobstick with a small hammer do well..

every now and then you need to apply a small amount of pressure. A popsicle stick or a shiskabobstick with a small hammer do well..
Apply pressure in which direction though? Apply it horizontally away from the suspension arm or up and down away from the chassis?

Yea thanks for the help everybody really appreciate it, ended up just ripping that suspension mount in half to get to the hinge pin. About the last thing I wanted but whatever. I guess I should’ve just taken it to hobby town in the first place

I don't own an infraction, but it looks like if you had loosened the bolts holding the rear diff housing down to the chassis you could have lifted the diff and removed that hinge block. Just guessing though. When all else fails, remove more screws.

Last edited:
From the exploded view it looks like theres 2 screws holding it from the back side and 2 screws holding it from underneath the chassis.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/pdf/exploded-views/ARA7615V2T1.pdf
Arrma's exploded views leave a LOT to be desired. It's not even a real exploded view. Just all the parts illustrated on the page kinda close to their mating parts (sometimes).

The diff needs to be raised up to allow that part to be removed. Kind of a really strange design 🤔

The tab on the bottom of the part prevents it from sliding backwards, and the flange on the front with the two holes prevents it from lifting straight up because the diff sits on top of it.
22b4179a-ad8a-43c4-addc-d7e100be2f76.9c88a0d801573c19ecf5b0db77c4fa52.jpeg

Screenshot_20210722-081945_eBay.jpg

20210722_082533.jpg

So it looks like these screws need to be removed
Screenshot_20210722-083006_Chrome.jpg

Hell, after looking a bit more, you may have to remove the two screws in front of those too. This is officially the most screws I have ever seen that needed to be removed to replace a hinge block. Why they didn't just mold that lower locating tab into the diff housing is beyond me 🤔

I guess that is to help absorb the load from the arms pushing back in a collision.

Last edited:
Arrma's exploded views leave a LOT to be desired. It's not even a real exploded view. Just all the parts illustrated on the page kinda close to their mating parts (sometimes).
You can say that again.

Back