Arrma Big Rock vs JLB cheetah 21101

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red92rs

RCTalk Rookie
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just converted my 3s Senton V3 into a big rock (still waiting for body) and I also just received a JLB 21101 120a version and got noticing a lot of similarities. Thought others might find a side by side interesting as well.
20210117_181447.jpg
20210117_181457.jpg
20210117_181526.jpg
20210117_181617.jpg

Both are yet to run, at least the Arrma in Big Rock form that is. Will be interesting to see the difference. I also added motor fans and a gyro to the JLB so should hold it's own I think.

Both are yet to run, at least the Arrma in Big Rock form that is. Will be interesting to see the difference. I also added motor fans and a gyro to the JLB so should hold it's own I think.
A bit of caution on the JLB. They arent nearly as durable as the Arrma. In colder weather, they tend to not be as durable even on small jumps. For some reason, even though you can only get them through BangGood or other online retailers, they seem to be popular around where i live. However, i have seen quite a few with quick to die ESC's, glitchy servos and radios, and easily broken parts. I have a DHK Hunter that i jumped across a 20 foot gap, in 35 degree weather, with snow and ice on the ground, and didnt break anything. My neighbor has a JLB Cheetah, and a J3 Speed, and, on the same jump, same day, neither JLB made it a full battery pack before something broke. It could have a bit to do with his driving though, since i have seen him in a very large parking lot, and his Nissan Titan being the only vehicle in sight, and he managed to run into it 3 times with the Cheetah in less than 5 minutes, which finally destroyed the entire left front suspension. Other people i know around here with JLB stuff have similar issues with parts breaking, and a couple of them do know how to drive, since they race pretty much anything with wheels on local tracks, and have been doing it for years.

A bit of caution on the JLB. They arent nearly as durable as the Arrma. In colder weather, they tend to not be as durable even on small jumps. For some reason, even though you can only get them through BangGood or other online retailers, they seem to be popular around where i live. However, i have seen quite a few with quick to die ESC's, glitchy servos and radios, and easily broken parts. I have a DHK Hunter that i jumped across a 20 foot gap, in 35 degree weather, with snow and ice on the ground, and didnt break anything. My neighbor has a JLB Cheetah, and a J3 Speed, and, on the same jump, same day, neither JLB made it a full battery pack before something broke. It could have a bit to do with his driving though, since i have seen him in a very large parking lot, and his Nissan Titan being the only vehicle in sight, and he managed to run into it 3 times with the Cheetah in less than 5 minutes, which finally destroyed the entire left front suspension. Other people i know around here with JLB stuff have similar issues with parts breaking, and a couple of them do know how to drive, since they race pretty much anything with wheels on local tracks, and have been doing it for years.
I don't really run in the winter so it's sitting comfortably in it's box awaiting spring. I expect the servo to go, but that happens on the Arrma's too. ESC being a hobby wing I expect equivalent life to the Spectrum. Motor I suppose is unknown as they don't list a manufacturer.

Hey guys,
Total newbie here, just purchased a jbl cheetah for my 9 years old for Christmas. All was good until he was running it the other day and sounded like some grinding for a minute. Then just stopped moving. Pull the trigger, can hear the gears spinning, car does nothing.

any advice on what’s wrong, how to fix or what needs replaced?

appreciate your help!

You need to look at your manual and check out your pinion and spur gears, also it could be something with your differentials. If you can hear the motor spinning though and no movement I'd check the pinion and spur assembly first.

From what I have seen the pin that holds the sun gear in place inside the did is very short and can shear. General suggestion is to make your own with steel music wire.

Back