are these bead locks or no? If not what are some cheap 1.9 plastic bead lock rims?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NurturantQuasar

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
https://www.redcatracing.com/products/rer12107?variant=31632324558938

i heard the bead locks that come with the kysho outlaw pro suck so I'm looking for some cheap plastic beadlocks to use with my new proline tires. i donr want aluminum because i want to keep un sprung weight low. I've been looking for cheapies but their all aluminum which i dont want. I'm on a tight budget since i had to get th RTR so the cheaper the better.

edit : found These idk if i should go with them

went with them

Last edited:

i heard the bead locks that come with the kysho outlaw pro suck so I'm looking for some cheap plastic beadlocks to use with my new proline tires. i donr want aluminum because i want to keep un sprung weight low. I've been looking for cheapies but their all aluminum which i dont want. I'm on a tight budget since i had to get th RTR so the cheaper the better.

I dont see the locking rings for them ,I assume that those are only replacements an
you will need the rings that match the screw pattern!.. 🤔

ok their not beadlocks i see now. what are some good cheap plastic beadlocks? anyone know of any? id prefer to spend at the very very most 30 bucks for 4. ill keep looking though and see if i can find anything
Those are beadlocks, but that looks like it's only for the plastic wheels. It looks like you still need to buy 4 aluminum rings + screws.

Just because there are rumor that something suck, it doesn't necessarily mean it won't work for you. Use what you have, should it break, then buy the replacements.
I have many vehicles, with many supposedly "sucky" parts that lasts for quite some time.....and some are still working just fine.
Also, due to your budgetary confinement, you're after inexpensive, budget parts. What makes you think these other parts will be any better than your stock ones?

Last edited:
There are plenty of affordable aluminum beadlocks all over Amazon. Most run 30 to 40 dollars for a complete set of four and includes all screws and rings depending on design. I've bought several sets and I'll be buying more