Are esc's ready to go?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thatcraig

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I bought an esc and I'm wiring it up tomorrow, but I was wondering if they come pre plugged into the places they go. I didn't have to plug anything in on the esc because everything was already plugged into the channels. But there's no way to tell what channel your plugged into, so do they come pre wired into the right areas?

a few are pre soldered with motor and battery plug and connector of your choice. wiring a esc has been buyer responsibility .old school Tekins were a nightmare and you also have to calibrate a esc to radio system.

How do I calibrate the esc?

you need manual . almost every brand is different . Unknown by me.. what make model?
radio must be bound to rx
then esc bind process exactly a manual says. or instructs you

1 to turn, 2 to burn. Well, hopefully not burn but you get the idea.

ESC always goes into channel 2 in the receiver
I have a ky rc brush x60pro rtr and a spectrum dx3 radio. Do I need to buy a reciever for the truck?

Yes you would need a compatible spektrum receiver for the dx3, and then the esc would go into CH2 of that receiver. Steering servo would go into CH1 (1 to turn 2 to burn). Any spare wires such as shift servos, lights, winches, ect, that goes into any spare / AUX channels.

Yes you would need a compatible spektrum receiver for the dx3, and then the esc would go into CH2 of that receiver. Steering servo would go into CH1 (1 to turn 2 to burn). Any spare wires such as shift servos, lights, winches, ect, that goes into any spare / AUX channels.
Okay I'll remember that, and I'm just gonna buy the factory esc it's a two in one and wire that in and hopefully it'll all work like normal.

If I buy a reciever do I just wire it up and it'll be binded?

If I buy a reciever do I just wire it up and it'll be binded?
No, there's a binding process you have to go through. You'd have to look up the instructions in the owner's manual. Maybe the manual for the kit, or maybe the manual for the radio/receiver. If you can't find it in any of the manuals, you'll have to contact the manufacturer or maybe see if you can find any videos on YouTube that deal with your radio specifically.

I got it running today and everything's fine now,,thanks for the tips and help guys!

Back