are elecritic cars pretty fast?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pissant

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
i want to get one, but what one, can someone tell me what is a good car that is fast? I would really like a off-road stadium truck??:lick: :hump:

well....currently its an electric onroad racing car that holds the rc world speed record at over 100MPH.

Just about ANY rc (nitro or electric) can be made to go very fast all depending on how much $$ you have to throw at it.

The XXXnt and RC10GT seem to be 2 of the better ones out there. HPI makes an RS4MT thats a stadium truck and it runs pretty good. I dont know tooo much about stadium trucks but usually as long as you stay away from Duratraxx and Tamiya your fine. Those are typically on the very low end of the spectrum.

RC Speed record was set at 111mph by an electric car. Electric cars also own the drag strip record. I like to lather my electric car in nitro though to give it that fast smell.

dude I think youve been sniffing that nitro a lil too much....lol j/k

the xxxt and t3 are the best stadium trucks to get. the B4 stealth is the best buggy , and the associated tc3 is the best touring.... electrics can RIP . they are super quick because they dont take time to rev up like nitro cars. but i dont like the whole running it for about 5 minutes then having to change batteries ... so i run gas.

Originally posted by Supernitro17
and the associated tc3 is the best touring....

i would have to disagree with this - the TC3 gets its butt spanked every time at my races. Usually gets slapped around by the Evo, Tamiya, and Corrally cars.

Also regarding run times - check out the 12th scale LMP cars. Things are almost as fast as nitro cars, yet run for 20 minute's and only use four cells. if i was to get an electric car, the 12th scale series is the one i would race in.

yeah 1/12s are real quick ... i like them , i just wish you could get more then just those pan bodies on them ..:breakdown

Back