Headlights not working,new out of box

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelersfan78

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I just bought a brand new hyper go radio control four-wheel drive high-speed off-road truck and the headlights are not working when I turn it on. Can someone please tell me how to troubleshoot this and fix it? The wires are all connected and with it being brand new straight out of the box I don't see why they should not be working someone. Please let me know thank you

Seems like as soon as I told ☝️ person that the Hypergo stuff was actually decent, now I see people with nothing but problems. Show us a pic of the wiring, maybe unplug the light then plug it back in…….or, if it’s like my sons, the transmitter has a button that turns the light on.

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.

Gonna start with the obvious...... negative to negative and positive to positive? Second question, did you try to look it yo a battery? It may have give it too much if you did.

Welcome.

Can't help with your problem, as I don't own one, but you will get help here, I'm sure.

Are the lights activated by a switch on the radio? Not familiar with this brand but thought I'd check.

Welcome in @Steelersfan78 , can you post a pic of the wiring where it plugs into your esc?
Here's pictures,thank you, I don't understand it

17065032154651964301506011201939.jpg

17065032519536807372358894342321.jpg

17065032754456831138716961290590.jpg

17065032994772006714881261464349.jpg

Plugs right into the receiver.
Being a 3 wire, it should be controllable with a switch on the radio.
I'd open up the box that all the wires go to, make sure all of them are plugged in. ESC should be in channel 2, servo should be in channel 1, and the lights should be in a aux channel or any spare channel in the receiver.

Plugs right into the receiver.
Being a 3 wire, it should be controllable with a switch on the radio.
I'd open up the box that all the wires go to, make sure all of them are plugged in. ESC should be in channel 2, servo should be in channel 1, and the lights should be in a aux channel or any spare channel in the receiver.
I don't understand what you mean by servo. Can you send me a picture so I know what I'm looking for please? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you and thank you for responding. I'm just waiting on the steering linkage so I can try to get that fixed but I don't even know how to do that. I don't know what all I have to take off where to start nothing but I got another car coming because I got my money back on that one and they told me to keep it. They said do what you want with it dispose of it. Give it away, throw it away whatever. So I ordered another one. I think this one is a jet wood, but it's another nice fast one. The ratings on it and feedback look good so hopefully I get this one and it's not broken out of the box like the hyper go was

So you're saying there should be a little switch on that box?

Does your remote look like this? If it does while everything is on, hit the button by the palm of your hand.

Screenshot_20240129_080547_Amazon Shopping.jpg

No I'm just saying to check to make sure all the wires are plugged in, and plugged in the right spots.
If they are all plugged in and the lights still don't work, I have no idea on why. That's the sad thing about cheap RCs.

That’s what I was saying, the light will come on by using your radio. I said transmitter though. It is that button on the grip, my son has one. Steering links shouldn’t be too hard, pull the wheels, maybe the hubs too. The steering links will be attached to the servo. It’s a box with an arm on it that turns a set of links that turns the wheels.
On second thought, the servo may be under the esc and all that idk.

Back