New Typhon 3S it’s fast but we’re ready to go faster.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markaagent

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! Thanks for the advice the other day
So we upgraded today to a Arrma typhon 3s BLX 4X4 and man this thing moves out of the box,

Dude at the shop sold us a 5000 MAH 3S

It’s very fun and from what people have told us the possibilities are endless in terms of upgrading the motor, ESC, etc.
the goal is speed we want to go as fast as we can
I understand there are other cars to buy this one seemed to fit our budget best
To be honest we went in for a slash kit then decided to pop on out to this bad boy
So we need some advice on what to do next
In regards to speed.
Can we go 6S? How about dual motor?

IMG_4673.jpeg

IMG_4674.jpeg

IMG_4675.jpeg

For starters, gear up.
Then you can replace the electronics with something 6s capable.
That will probably break stuff, because it was designed for 3s...
Thrn buy a platform that can handle 6s.

For starters, gear up.
Then you can replace the electronics with something 6s capable.
That will probably break stuff, because it was designed for 3s...
Thrn buy a platform that can handle 6s.
For the price of updating electronics, you should of just bought the 6S

Run it 3S/4S and have fun with it while saving up for normal racing breed 1/8 scale buggy to build/tinker with... they can make some of the best "bashers". You gotta start somewhere, and making do with what you got can be fun with buying/modifying an Arrma 3S platform. Lots of upgraded 3S BLX builds out there to kind of follow and take your Typhon 3S BLX to the next level.

Last edited:
Hey everyone! Thanks for the advice the other day
So we upgraded today to a Arrma typhon 3s BLX 4X4 and man this thing moves out of the box,

Dude at the shop sold us a 5000 MAH 3S

It’s very fun and from what people have told us the possibilities are endless in terms of upgrading the motor, ESC, etc.
the goal is speed we want to go as fast as we can
I understand there are other cars to buy this one seemed to fit our budget best
To be honest we went in for a slash kit then decided to pop on out to this bad boy
So we need some advice on what to do next
In regards to speed.
Can we go 6S? How about dual motor?

View attachment 183809

View attachment 183810

View attachment 183811
Congratulations. Excellent start. From the box it looks like you paid $239 which would be a great price. RCTalk can help with upgrades but you can find much more already available information at ArrmaForum... the site is run by the same people and many of us frequent both boards. I would run it hard and take it easy on upgrades to the Typhon and start saving toward a 6s Arrma. If you stick with the hobby you will end up there pretty quickly.

I would not run it on 6S! It will tear up the drive train. And gearing up will just burn the motor up. If that's the speeds you're looking for, then just buy a 6S vehicle.

But....all is not lost. You can still improve it. Find a Spektrum 4S system for cheap. (120A ESC, 2400KV motor) Jenny's RC can help with that or watch Ebay for a new pull off. Is it worth it? That's up to you. I started with a Mega V3 brushed Typhon. Bought a 4S system on the Arrma forum. Put a 19 or 20T pinion on it. Still run 3S and surprise quite a few people at the LHS. It still has the Mega body on it. Lol. In the end I spent almost as much as the BLX. But better.

Have not tried it on 4S. Killing it is not my goal. Having fun is. Even if the drivetrain holds up, at those speeds the plastic parts break on hard impacts. The 6S vehicles hold up way better. Not worth it.

As mentioned I would gear up and purchase an infrared thermometer gun and keep a close eye on the temps.

Back