Are any other kids using this website?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
15 next year here. My kraton 6s keeps breaking in funny ways (usually a nut disappears)

15 next year here. My kraton 6s keeps breaking in funny ways (usually a nut disappears)
Well at least your kraton isn't my slash. With the my slash, screws coming loose, pinion coming off the motor shaft, stripped spur gears, burnt transmission cases and input shaft, pegs breaking in half, burning up brushed motors (I was on my 4th brushed motor before I upgraded to brushless) radio loosing range quickly (stock traxxas tq radio) wheels just falling off completely. My slash and rustler are mostly fully upgraded too. And stuff still happens.
wheels just falling off completely
this never happened outside on the street but did on the sidewalk before. Also happened at my old LHS carpet track. wheel nut was probably not on all the way. This is why I use threadlocker or loctite now on screws going in metal. I ran out of liquid loctite so now I am using a threadlocker glue stick thing. Still works. And also I had noticed RC tools like 1.5,2.0 and 2.5 hex drivers are common around the house. Fixed the front door handle with a 2.5 hex and threadlocker last night.
Or the wheel nut is just coming loose because i got to much power in it? I am running it on 2s and a 4000kv system. Imagine if I do 4s. Or put a 6s BLX system in it.

Last edited:
Threw in a 3s 4000kv into my brushed infraction. The adapter managed to get onto my driveshaft. All i wanted was some smoke, but luckily there was none! used the same battery in my kraton.
And yea, there's probably too much power, because I managed to unscrew something in the linkage of my halfshaft to my wheel on aforementioned infraction.

Well at least your kraton isn't my slash. With the my slash, screws coming loose, pinion coming off the motor shaft, stripped spur gears, burnt transmission cases and input shaft, pegs breaking in half, burning up brushed motors (I was on my 4th brushed motor before I upgraded to brushless) radio loosing range quickly (stock traxxas tq radio) wheels just falling off completely. My slash and rustler are mostly fully upgraded too. And stuff still happens.

this never happened outside on the street but did on the sidewalk before. Also happened at my old LHS carpet track. wheel nut was probably not on all the way. This is why I use threadlocker or loctite now on screws going in metal. I ran out of liquid loctite so now I am using a threadlocker glue stick thing. Still works. And also I had noticed RC tools like 1.5,2.0 and 2.5 hex drivers are common around the house. Fixed the front door handle with a 2.5 hex and threadlocker last night.
Or the wheel nut is just coming loose because i got to much power in it? I am running it on 2s and a 4000kv system. Imagine if I do 4s. Or put a 6s BLX system in it.
Sounds like you may need some more loctite 😆

Sounds like you may need some more loctite 😆
I put alot of the threadlocker glue and still doesn't hold in! :hehe: I probably do have too much power. I do mostly do speed runs and right now I think I can get it up to about 45 mph. Maybe it is too fast?