Anyone try IE-7 yet ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
I know most of us probably use FireFox, but I use both. I upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 a couple of days ago, and between the new features and the add-ons available, it's pretty slick.
check it out.
Over 2,000 skins, tabbed windows, custom cursors, icons, etc.
Also, when you hit F11 to go full size, it will auto hide the bar on top, giving you full screen. I'm still getting used to some of the changes, but I'm sure it was FireFox that forced them to put together something good.

Microtrash!!!!! Get Safari, you may not have a mac but at least you'll be using a far superior browser!!!!!

I use both IE7 and Firefox. I have to say that IE-7 is a huge set up from IE-6.

I have to use IE7 at work for certain applications as they were built for IE, but I use FF still for everything else.

Normally I use FireFox but I do use Ie every so often for sites that just work better on it for some reason. I am curious how do you change the skins? I didn't even know you could.

Go to 'Tools', 'Manage Add ons', 'Find more Add ons'. You can get custom animated cursors and background screens for IE. Don't get anything too busy, it will make it difficult to see the text on the bars.

I use IE7..... I can't say too many bad things about Microsoft... working on PC's helps pay my mortgage.

Tom

The reason I like IE7 over IE6 is because of tabbed browsing and better security (and i guess skins, but i'm not really into making windows xp look pretty). I think everything else, GUI wise, IE7 is a slight downgrade from IE6. Its not super annoying, but the "search history" is not very functional, and the default sceen of hiding the "file, edit, View" is kinda stupid. I have firefox installed also but IE7 just intergates better with windows so all the "advantages" of firefox isn't enough for me to use it.

the default sceen of hiding the "file, edit, View" is kinda stupid.

I changed that.
Also, it's not just a matter of prettying up, but making it more visible with a color change. Same as with your desktop. See what you like. I keep it as simple as posible, with as much contrast between the icons and the background as possible.

I really despise the layout of IE7 and have been using Firefox for awhile now. Both seem to work pretty similar except for the layout. I have to use IE for certain school websites however.

I have to use all browsers in web development.

IE 7 is a major step up in development in that it's now standards compliant, meaning you don't have to do "special hacks" to get it to work with CSS standards.

The really bad thing is with all the FireFox-like stuff they've added, they still haven't managed to get rid of the damn peekaboo bug.

The demo in the link above will work in IE7, but the bug itself has just moved to other areas and is still alive and well. I just finished a project that IE7 turned from a hang-and-bang into a two day nightmare.

Basically if you have a floated element next to a non-floated element what happens is when the page loads, under certain conditions the non floated text next to the floated element is invisible until you resize the window or mouse over a link.

The second thing is the DOM "Box model" is still handled incorrectly in IE7. When you apply margins and padding, the spec is that the space is added to the inside and outside of the box respectively. IE 7 has it wrong.

So we're still having to hack to get IE 7 to cooperate.

From an average user standpoint, in all my testing IE 7 is just slower in loading, browsing, and all other aspects. FireFox for PC and Safari for Mac are still the best browsers to use.