Anyone run a 2800kv motor on their 1/8 buggy?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus6464

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want to get an LX2e and people are saying that the roller kit is a better buy than the RTR because the servo that comes with RTR is kinda crappy, but I want to keep the price range similar. So I was looking at a Tacon motor since they are cheap and nice, but the 1900kv version is nowhere to be found in stock. Hobbypartz does have the 2800kv version in stock though. Is there another motor I should be looking at in the same price range?

These is my proposed build with pricing compared to the RTR from towerhobbies with the SSC coupon.

LX2e roller
Tacon 3674-540XL-6T 2800kv
Hobbywing EZRUN SC8 120a
Savox SC-0251 servo
Flysky GT3B radio
Total: $312

LX2e RTR
90a ESC
1900kv motor
unknown servo
Total: $300

I am guessing the roller kit would be better with the nicer electronics?

I'm guessing on an 1/8th buggy you are going to want to run higher end electronics. I'm not sure 2800kv is gonna cut it either.

2800kv is to high. It would work with a small pinion but its gonna be stupid fast...which is fine for bashing but for a track your gonna want around a 1900kv. At least on the standard 4S.

I would look at the Tenshock X802V2 1850kv or the 2100kv. They also have an X812V2 that is sensored but they are more expensive. Great motors though.